ms20sensor

Deerhunter1566

Reaction score
my cam had been out in the rain for a week,it had triggered till the batteries was low.  I recharged my batteries  and the sensor started to constaly fire, I took it home and used a hair dryer to dry out the sensor ,now it works fine.

Richard Webb

Reaction score
DH1566 - I had 10 constant triggers all within a minute during my MS-20 cam's first roll, and it was hot & dry last week. I'm waiting to see what happens during the 2nd roll, and should be able to let you know next week some time.    

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
DEERHUNTER
IVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM 3 TIMES NOW ALL AFTER HEAVY RAIN, I TAKE THEM HOME DRY THEM OUT THEY WORK FINE AFTER WARDS IT GOT TO BE MOISTURE INSIDE UNIT CAUSING SAME.  I CHECKED ONE THE OTHER DAY AFTER HEAVY RAIN WALKED IN FRONT OF CAMERA IT TOOK MY PIC THEN PROCEEEDED TO USE UP REST OF FILM THEN REWIND.  SO IF DEER WALKS IN FRONT OF SAME ON RAINY DAY IT WILL USE UP ALL FILM LEFT.  IVE GOT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REMEDY THIS PROBLEM.  ANY IDEAS ANYONE?.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Are you all using desiccant in you camera housings?  If not, I would get some and place it inside the camera box.  Uline sell it on the internet and they have many different sizes for different container volumes.  However, if you boxes are all sealed properly, which I sure they are, I dont see how the outside moisture would trigger them.  

Could it be that rain drops or dew are falling on the lense and somehow causing the incoming light rays to do strange things to the sensor?  Just a wild though.  I was thinking of placing a tube over the end of my PIR lense about 1" long to prevent rain from hitting it and to also focus the detection area to a much narrower detection angle.  

Deerhunter1566

Reaction score
My ms20 is mounted outside the cam box. It looks like they lens had sweated. The cam box was dry inside.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom