MSR tent

BoandME

Reaction score
I was looking at getting a new tent to cut down on pack weight. I live in South Dakota and would be using it in temps that will dip below freezing at night. The only think that I am concerned with is bad condensation. I realize that their will be condensation no matter what and it probably can't be avoided completely. Just looking for some input on what you guys use. I was looking at the Hubba Hubba tent from MSR, anyone have any experience with these?
Thanks.

Here is a link to the tent.
Hubba Hubba By MSR

Glass eye

Reaction score
The hubba hubba is a 2 person tent, the hubba is a one person. I have the hubba, only used it once but so far I like it.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I looked at one too. Great tent, just a bit heavy.

BoandME

Reaction score
I kinda need a two person tent because my soon to be wife will be going with a lot of the time. I like the idea of having two vestibules and I didn't think it was to bad as far as weight goes, 3lb. 14oz. I know a lot of you guys have a lot more experience than I do so that might be a lot of weight but I didn't think it was too bad. I have plenty of time to look around, maybe I will find something better. Thanks for the input!

BoandME

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2
2lb. 14oz. I don't think I can go wrong!!

hotdog

Reaction score
I've been looking at tents quite a bit lately myself. Those Big Agnes tents are pretty nice and they seem to have a good reputation. It's also one of the lighter two person tents i have came across. You can find some good deals on the net as well. Free shipping and sale prices.

garsrene

Reaction score
Great tent for sure but not for a heavy winter situation , I have the Hubba Hubba and the mesh inside don't provide too mutch insulation when it's very cold, below 20 F a 3 seasons tent I would say, also get a poncho to put under the tarp it has a tendancy to leack....

el_vaquero

Reaction score
My buddy and his wife have the hubba hubba and like it....they also have a Zeus 2 from Eureka that's not too bad for the price.

Top Bottom