Mud bugs. Who's trappin em

Orygun

Reaction score
Fresh meat - fowl fish or mammal. And don't set up in any body of water with health warning signs posted on the banks.

Bullfrog 31581

Reaction score
I catch them with a dip net. I find weedy roadside ditches with water or shallow, weedy shorlines and drag a minnow net through the weeds. I can catch hundreds that way. But I only use them for bait. If you're after crawdads for eating, a roadside ditch probably isn't your best source.

barel74

Reaction score
Bullfrog hit it on the head. I use that method in the rivers here, and it works great. no bait, no traps, just have to get a little wet

Freedivr2

Reaction score
When I was a kid, we used to use little pieces of raw bacon on safety pins and string to get em......

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Jesse are you looking for bait, or something to eat? We use the dip nets down here for those that we are going to use for bass bait. But when I was a kid we did use some traps.

Tominator

Reaction score
As kids, we always turned over the rocks in the creeks and caught 'em with our hands.

dampfoot

Reaction score
I took my two oldest boys catching crawfish for bait this summer(6 and 5 years old) with a dip net in a mudhole. Before it was over my 5yo was wallowing in the mud like a pig. They had a blast and I was glad my Toyota is 17 years old and nasty already. That is one of the regrets I will have selling her to get a new truck, we cannot hurt it.

dwagoner

Reaction score
actually scrolling thru an isle at work on thursday and saw that we (sportsmans warehouse) sell crawfish traps! thats cool wouldnt think they had em but we do!! not that i go after em but ill tear the arse end outta em!!

jhuhtala

Reaction score
Bad buddy is a rice farmer and he said that every year when they drain the fields, you can take 'em out in ice chests there are so many. I'm looking forward to it here in a couple months.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom