Muley buck found in ocean off Pacific Palisades CA

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Just caught the video on the news. One of our L.A. County FD Baywatch boats steered a deer in from out in the ocean. The buck had a rope already around it's neck and looked like he was in trouble. DFG had to put the buck down as he already had severe injuries before the rescue it appeared. DFG is investigatiing how the buck got way out in the ocean with the rope around it's neck.

Strange one indeed. Any ideas?

T F Coyote

Reaction score
I work for the Laguna Beach PD and we usually have 2-3 incidents like this each year. The deer run out of the hills and cross Coast Highway, which is a huge traffic problem. Then they swim out a few hundred yards off shore. Eventually they return to the beach, cross the highway, and run back up into the hills. A few of them have been injured while crossing the highway, but we've never found them with a rope around their necks.

Apparently, the saltwater gives them some relief from fleas and ticks.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Big buck? That's wierd. Some wack job in the Santa Monica Mtns try to play cowboy? Maybe another boat tried to rescue it?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
I think it was OneTrack out there playing cowboy... probably just read that joke about roping a deer and wanted to see if it was true.

On another note, I've found more than one lariat tangled in the chaparral down in the central coast... someone's trying to rope something.

chompot

Reaction score
I saw this as well. I was kind of pissed. Leave the deer alone. If it wants to swim in the ocean, just watch it cool down. If the deer had injuries let it be bait for the predators, who cares. I bet more deer have swam in the ocean before.

The news has turned into the dumbest thing to ever watch.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom