Mulie horns found

in2blacktail

Reaction score
I was recently on a scouting trip with my hunting partners, (Backcountry & BDB). We were glassing some relaxed coyotes frolicing in the valley below. I noticed a horn sticking out of the grass probably 100-150 yards away down the valley from the song-dogs.
When I went down and pulled the horn out of the grass I noticed it was attached. Very cool find. Never would have seen it if it wasn't for my partners locating the coyotes. Thanks guys'.

Attachments

in2blacktail

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!!
I was and still am happy about the find..
Hopefully I can find one with velvet on them with a 195 lb buck attached August 21st. Thanks again..

Good luck to you guys too.
Happy Hunting..

Jake

Reaction score
Very cool, nice rack. Good luck on your hunt.

Mike

Backcountry

Reaction score
Brian, either you're getting in shape and don't know it, or your rangefinder is busted... those horns were more like 1,200 yards away, and 300' elevation lower. You covered that ground (at over 10,000') pretty fast... I can't wait to see what you're capable of when it's the real deal!

Backcountry

Backcountry

Reaction score
Hey Avidhunter,

Belated welcome to JHO! I'm another avid hunter that is biding my time in Redwood City until I can move out-of-state.

Any chance you're an archer? We've got a great archery club in Woodside!

I was with in2blacktail when he/we found that skull shed up in the bowels of X-12... we had a bunch of fun with it around the campfire that night!

Cheers, Backcountry

Latest Posts

Top Bottom