Multi Delay Inhibits

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Before AEH left for Italy we started working on an inhibit board with dip switches so a rudimentary timer could be used. This is based off Jon and gantley’s on board mods using  auto mode on the ms20. We finally have it done and ended up with 2 models. With either, the base mods to the MS20 as described by Jon and gantley need to be performed. This means you will still have to change R25 & 27, and may have to change R28. Both timers hook where R24 will be removed, where the relay is removed, and to power.

The first fits on the ms20 board in the space vacated by the low power mods and has a 4 position dip switch and uses the following resistance per switch
1 – 10k or approx 5 sec at 9 volts
2 – 100k or approximately 1 min @ 9 volts
3 – 1.11 meg or approx 7.5 min @ 9 volts
4 – 2.11 meg or approx 10 min @ 9 volts

The second has the main portion of the timer that fits on the ms20 board in the space vacated by the low power mods and has an 8 position dip switch with its resistors that is seperat so it can be located wherever the user wants it. This one uses the following resistance per switch

1 – 10k or approx 5 sec at 9 volts
2 – 100k or approximately 1 min @ 9 volts
3 – 580k  or approx  5 min @ 9 volts
4 – 1.05 meg or approx 7 min @ 9 volts
5 – 1.52 meg or approx 9 min at 9 volts
6 – 1.99 meg or approximately 10 min @ 9 volts
7 – 2.46 meg or approx 12 min @ 9 volts
8 – 2.93 meg or approx 14 min @ 9 volts

These times are not precise, as each MS20 has different tolerances, as well as each resistor and capacitor has tolerances. They also vary with voltage. I have seen some vary by a factor of minuites, while most are by seconds.

The cost for the one with the 4 position switch that mounts only on the board is $15.00 USD + shipping, while the one with the 8 position switch  which can be mounted elsewhere is $17.00 USD + shipping. For anything up to 10, $2.00 will cover the continental US and Canada.

While there is some fluctuation in the timing delays this is really a pretty good little inexpensive timer. While it is not as accurate as a 555/556 timmer, it uses considerably less power. Once again, it is not a precision unit like Brian’s or Hameltoes.

If anyone is interested, e-mail either myself or AEH. As AEH just got back from Italy and I did the final de-bugs, e-mail me for the time being with any tech. Questions. A few pics are on my Webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/album/44378825aDoIiP

davered1

Reaction score
HH,

What does it do to the time delays running off of 6V. Iknow with jos low power mods 9V is what most want but I am just curios of times on 6V.

Very nice with the 8position removd from board.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Dave, I ran a test a few min. ago, and with the present MS20 I'm using, on the 8th switch, the delay with 9 volts was 12 min, 40 seconds, while with 6 volts, it was 10 min, 37 seconds. Thought you might like to know.

davered1

Reaction score
sounds good, I got a bunch of 6V stuff I got to get rid of!!

Dbworld

Reaction score
Sounds interesting.....does the timer actually trip the camera?  Or is there a relay in those pics I'm not seeing?  

(Edited by Dbworld at 12:57 pm on Aug. 20, 2002)

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
There is an opto on the inhibit timer, and it trips the cam. No relay is present.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Excellant....thanks HH.   I'll be ordering one from you soon....give me a week or two,

Latest Posts

Top Bottom