My 08 muley in the making

goindeep

Banned
Reaction score
The taxidermist just got my antlers rough mounted on the head for me to take home and play with. they seems to have grown sivce i last seen them.

Attachments

7mm RM

Reaction score
Great looking buck. Look forward to the finished mount. What is the story? Thanks for sharing...:JHO rocks:

559hog

Reaction score
Nice Rack! Don't antlers shrink as they age though?

goindeep

Banned
Reaction score
This is a pair of sheds that I picked up in california in april of 08. It was the only antlers I found all day. It was a heavy winter that year so the deer were pushed all over the place. I was looking for a 5x4 that I had horns from 2 years previous when I came across this guy. His horns were about 200 yards from where I found the other horns. I really wish I could of seen this guy on the hoof. Right now the horns can be adjusted all around I just not sure where to leave them. any where from 25" to 30" looks alright. The first set of picks he's just short pf 30", the second photo he's at 25". I hope the cape I have looks good with the rack. The cape came off a buck that was harvested within a mile of where the horns were found.

ballsdeep

Banned
Reaction score
I think he looks more natural at 30" rather than 25". His eye guards look more vertical anyway.
Can't wait to see him when he's finished.

goindeep

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for your imput. I"m also thinking he looks better at 28-30 judging by the eye guards and the curls at the tips of the points. been looking through alot of photos to get a better idea of where they should be. If any one else has any ideas or references to use when setting shed horns on a head it would be appreciated.

ballsdeep

Banned
Reaction score
The first pics you posted looked the best. The only other suggestion would be to maybe open up his frame a bit. Mine was mounted on the same device. But the truth is, if you don't have live pics of him you'll never know. Maybe post up a couple more scenarios for us to comment on.

Top Bottom