My 1st Swamp Monster Encounter!...Pic's

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
So for about 4 mo. our privite community golf club course is closed for upgrades so this has giving me the opportunity to fish these awesome ponds on the course that no one's has every had a chance to hit up for large mouths.
So with excitement a few days ago I venture back on the course where theres a huge few acre pond with a little crossover wood bridge. I am in the corner of the pond were it gets swampy and leads into wooded area casting away when all of a sudden I here this loud growl like big foot got his nuts caught in a vise, I froze and look over about 30 yrds away from me in the wooded swamp edge and see this freeking huge gator that's the size of a Nile croc all arched up with its mouth wide open making that growling sound, I couldn't believe what I was seeing then it hit me to snap some pics which I did. The first thing that came to my mind was the movie Lake Placid, I couldn't belive that this pond is only a few hundred yards from our house. this gator has to be at least 12 ft. At least 30 or 40 years old. I am sure it didn't get that big being stupid, I went to the other side of the pond to fish and wait for the gator to cruise around to hopefully get better pics but it just chilled where it was, that gator was so big that a kayaker on the pond wouldn't even have a chance that gator would be able to bite through it, it's mouth was huge wide open.
I had to get back to my wife to get her lunch and go out so I had to leave when I didn't want too, I wanted to stick around and observe the gator without disturbing it for awhile longer. Now I know what happened to all those pigs that lived in those woods and disappeared.
So now I always go back to that pond for some largemouth action and hoping to get a glimpse of the swamp monster agian. Here's some pics of the gator and pond it dwells in......tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bayboy2020

Reaction score
They just found a 4 footer in Niles canyon in Fremont

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
That would be great to see in real life, I don't blame you for wanting to stay and check it out. I went to Wakulla Springs last February, only saw a couple that were around 4 feet. Gators are amazing animals, I'd love to hunt one someday

KTKT70

Reaction score
Hot dam. Go get that thing.. You can do it a Gator J. Put that big boy on a wall. I wonder if you can bow hunt them or just rifle. Try the Troy Landry 22s. Choot em!!!!!

P304X4

Reaction score
TRA....thars yur new belt and boots with hide left over!!! Get your permit and skin that bad boy!!!!! :smiley_yahoo:

Revo2811

Reaction score
TRA....thars yur new belt and boots with hide left over!!! Get your permit and skin that bad boy!!!!! :smiley_yahoo:
What he said wallet etc etc geterdunn brotha

Man of few words

TheGDog

Reaction score
Archers gotta do what an Archers gotta do brudda! You're keeping the nearby community safe. You're a giver like that! No go git 'dat som' b*tch!

Welby

Reaction score
Wow, that does look like a big 'un! Where I grew up in Louisiana, we used to see them like that quite a bit. Thing is though, they were quite shy. You couldn't hardly get close to them so as a kid I never really worried about them being dangerous. I usually kept my distance and they kept theirs.

There was this one particular gator, though, that I am pretty sure hated my guts. He liked to hang out at a nearby pond. I used to harrass the crap out of him. He wasn't very big, maybe 5', but I used to slip up on him and shoot him with my pellet gun all the time. He got to be pretty fast at diving in the water. Probably could have qualified for the Olympic, who knows?

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Here's another fat azz healthy swamp gator in one of my fishing ponds here on the property, it was basking on bank taking a nice siesta nap getting tan like florida gator does....lol.....tra

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I'm seeing enough for a nice new seat-cover too. :) Those are some nice lizards.

Top Bottom