my 2002 fork

6x7

Reaction score
I see alot of forked horns go through this site so I figured I would show you all the last one I shot ,It sure was good eating tender as a ribeye,I have no field photos I didnt own a camera at the time.
101_1725.jpg101_1726.jpg

6x7

Reaction score
I was walking a ridge real slow looking off each side and when I stoped and look right in front of me he was just 75 yards away looking at me I knew it was a buck but I had no idea what sized rack it had,As I was pulling the gun up he took off straight away It didnt take me but a half second to decide to shot, it was the first buck I had seen.I missed the first shot over the top of him it hit 10 feet in front of him and made him turn left I fired two more shots broad side at him on the run and hit him with both,he never slowd down a bit and ran over the hill I waited 10 minuets then walked over and found blood and followed it right to him,boy was I suprised to see a 28 inch 2x3 he is realy heavy to.
I forgot to mention he is a california buck.

Last edited:

mallarditis

Reaction score
28" wide is always a nice surprise! Usually for me the surprise goes the other way, like "man he looked bigger in my scope". Congrats.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
Nice deer but, (and correct me if I'm wrong because deer hunting isn't my primary type of hunting), isn't that a 3x2? I always thought a "fork" was a deer that had forks on both sides (2x2). Not ragging on you or anything I just want to get my terms straight.

6x7

Reaction score
I will meet you half way and I will call it a fork X three,But yes you are right.

.300Savage

Reaction score
That's a dandy, I saw a good sized fork X 3 this last weekend in a local park not quite that wide but I'd have given him a dose if it were during season/somewhere I could hunt but, the 3 side was almost elk like, the fork was up higher and then a big long dagger down low and eye guards too.

Love those big forks even if they got an extra point ;)

D9BUCKKLR

Reaction score
I chased a huge fork all day in Colorado one year. had him in the scope 3 or 4 times but could not get a shot. I pushed him over a little null and someone killed him. he was not 28 but maybe 26 an dreally heavy. I wanted him bad. he was a Big deer huge body. I took a pic I will have to see if I can find it. congrats on your buck

dchunter

Reaction score
that's a nice looking deer. def. worth the investment in the mount.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom