My cam in a seahorse case

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you all know what it looks like, and just wanted to try my hand at postin a link.

I need to figure out a way to mount the lens better and figure out where i need to cut it out of in order to have the lens not lose it's sensing range the last one was a disaster!!!!!

Thanks
http://community.webshots.com/user/iabowhunter

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Nice pics. Where did you get the box? That looks like the perfect size.Mike

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
not my "first" one, I've always been in and out of the JHPs but never entered the chat. This is the first on I put in the seahorse case...I've got other cams I put in electric boxes ect....they all work. In all this is my 10th?! Give or take two "trial" not trail cameras that didn't work, or I modified the board, the pir sensor ect...not to mention the cams i've ruined....LOL. Wish i would have started chatting a while back it would have saved me some headaches!!

Thanks to all you who treaded into the eloectronics realm to make all this work!

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
IAbowhunter
I have been getting my cases from Fuerte cases for a while now.  And they are great to work with.  A guy by the name of Michael B. is who i deal with,  He may be the owner.  He is awesome at his job so he probably is the owner.  thinking of trying to get him to give us hombrew makers a deal maybe.  I think he might if we can get him enough business.  His prices are pretty good already.  I'll see what i can work out with him.

jayber

Reaction score
Nice lookin' cam IAbowhunter!  And I like the box offerings too, especially the optional latch lock feature.  They do make mention of 'minimum order quantities required'.  Do you recall how many that may be?  Maybe they should do a 'Homebrew Box' pre-camo'd.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
This box is just a little bigger than the pelican 1120.  Just big enought to fit in an owl without modification(about 1/8" slop in width).  I looks an inch or so larger because of the handle and hinge design. It is the box that the Hawkeye camera line in built in.  the highlander is closer to a Pelican Knockoff.  The serpac or seahorse comes in both Propylene and ABS.  The ABS is about $10 more a box.  Digikey has them both in your choice of colors.  I just got 10 from digikey for $14.57 each and $8 total shipping cost.  I got the gun metal grey in the propylene without foam.  The seal seems to be a little better than the pelican.  some of the pelicand have had warped lids(thay haven't leaked, just bugged me)  Its a little thicker than the pelican.  Hard to get enough thread engagement on the Push buttons without releaving a little plastic.  All in all a pretty good box.  I do tend to like the Pelican better even if it has to be modified.  It's just a little sleaker.

jayber

Reaction score
ArkansasElkHunter,
Are you saying that the Seahorse case is the same one that is used with the Hawkeye?  I'm comparing pics and the Seahorse doesn't appear to have the same ribs across the lid.  Might not be showing up clear, I dunno.  Or are you saying that the ones from Digikey are the same as the Hawkeye?

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Yes look closer.   My serpac cases from digikey are the same as the hawkeye cases.  I don't know how many versions hawkeye has but I seem to recall the JR was the one.   When I peeled the serpac label off the front, embossed in the front as well as in the back was the seahorse lable.  They look the same as IAbowhunters camera postes above.  I'll check at bass pro again but I'm pretty sure.

Yes they are the same case.  The wide side of the rib is hard to see in IA's post.

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 8:18 am on June 12, 2002)

IAbowhunter

Reaction score
In reply to all of you, just wanted to mention some other features about the case...it's water proof and has a neoprene seal, the latches and all hinges and pins all are plastic, the rubber seal won't break or crack over time. I'm sold on these cases. If you buy 5 or more the price without foam is $17/case.....

I'm working on two more cams and have just placed a couple of them in the woods. Hope to be posting pictures soon, within 2 weeks?!?! If I can wait that long!!!!

Thank you all again for the replies and the positive emails.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the serpac box I got from digikey.  you can read the seahorse lable and see that its the same as the hawkeye case.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom