My Cams

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi flahunter,
Those links seem to be only for the "owner" of the album - just get an error message.

I tested the Webshots server (in the TEST forum) with 'direct' linking and it seems to work OK - that way you can get the pics right in the post.

Archilochus

Gun Docc

Reaction score
flahunter,

hit the edit button to see how i done this as maybe it will help, then go to the test forum to test it out

once you view a photo of yours on webshots server you can right click the pic then hit properties to see the actual pic address. highlight this then copy to use later in a post by using the right ubb codes

flahunter

Reaction score
Thanks Gun Doc! It is funny I can build a camera from nothing yet I cannot post a picture the right way? Thanks I will get it!

homer

Reaction score
Nice cams. What you using for batterys and sensors?

flahunter

Reaction score
Thanks, I am using the Radio Shack Sensor and just a lithium 9volt battery from Rshack. It will last long enough for about 10 to 15 rolls. I am going to go to rechargeable ones though to cut back on the spending.

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
FH,   Those look like Lowes electrical boxes. I used the same on mine aftert he radio Shack enclosure ruined my sensor.

flahunter

Reaction score
yes they are! So far they have been great and they do not leak or crack. worth the 10.00 bucks

deerdad

Reaction score
GeorgiaHunter,What happened with the Radio Shack box?
Did it end up leaking or other?

Greg

GeorgiaHunter

Reaction score
yep. I found 1/4 inch of water in the box. that was several weeks ago. My RS PIR is starting to flake out now because of it. Definately worth the time and trouble to get a waterproof enclosure!

gizz

Reaction score
Hey flahunter, that looks like one of my cams!
Nice job BTW, I've used the PVC boxes on all my cams. Waterproof, nice size, fairly light, and tough as nails.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats on your new game camera flahunter. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Was doing some minor repairs on my cams  (LED not working on one and pulled a wire off a switch on another) and thought I'd get a picture of them all to share.

Thanks to everyone.

Was tough to get a picture AND get all the test lights working.

MBullism

Reaction score
One big happy family!  Looks like good work to me...

Question:  do you have a way to lock the ammo box handles down?

And more importantly, whats behind the chair cushion??  LOL

M

Dbworld

Reaction score
Yes I can lock them.  I have ring bolts on both sides of the ammo cans.  The latch on the ammo cans slips over the ring bolt and thats where I lock the chain to.  The chain is welded to the other side.

What's behind the cushion is the handle on my homebrew deer cart.  It works great.  I should have taken some pictures of that.  I made it last year and we got about 5 miles with deer on it.  Was a real life saver at deer camp.  we have spots with easy walking but no vehicle access.  Great for a game cart.   I plan on taking some pictures of it and posting on my web site showing what I did and what I'd change.  For one thing the size.  It's huge.  

JERRYinNC

Reaction score
Looks great  On the two that the PIR is on the inside how good do they work and are they the ms-20 and how did you rig them inside??? thanks great work.

Dbworld

Reaction score
Only one is on the inside.  The other is a RS pir. mounted 1/2 in 1/2 out.    That was my first and is the huge one.  

The only one on the inside is a ms20.  I kept it in it's housing without the lid.  Turned it upside down and (I also flipped the fresnal lense upside down and simply put a thick bead of glue around the hole and pushed the ms20 against it.  I got the idea from here (Tinhorn's site maybe?).  I like it because I didn't have to deal with aticking the fresnal lense to the hole, mounting the sensor board and getting the distance just right.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom