My Daughter Gets Her First Hog

bcbear3

Reaction score
My 16 year old daughter Natalie was a happy girl this morning when she got her first hog. She was shooting a savage .270 package she received for passing hunter safety last year. She also enjoyed hours of shooting ground squirrels. I guess I did too as I shot up all my 17 hmr bullets.
Much thanks to Camp 5 guide Jim Martinez and the Roths for their help and hospitality. It took alot of patience and several tries as Natalie is still "green" as hunting goes.

Attachments

Reaction score
Simply awesome!

Of all the people I've meet through JHO Jim is one of my all time favorite guys. Dude is just it. And the Roth's, good family and I felt like I was on the A list the whole time I was there. Very fun.

Gotta show my 8yo girl this in the AM as she already wants to head to BC for Carabou when she is old enough, super fun.

M

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Big congrats to Natalie! Way to stick it out and make it good!

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
congrats on the successful wild hog hunt! meat in the freezer! and thanks for sharing your story and photo's!...........tra

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Good jon Natalie on your first hog, you will always remember it. And congrats to you dad for including her on one of your passions. I think she has the bug now, and will be a hunter for life!

JK_Hog

Reaction score
Great Job Natalie and Dad!!!!

At what age did you introduce Natalie to the sport of hunting? Specifically, when did you start bringing her with you on your hunts? I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go with me.

Josh

snoopdogg

Reaction score
Natalie--good job on your pig. bcbear, I'm sure you're quite the proud papa.

Raully

Reaction score
Congrates to Natalie and the proud Dad!

PasoRobles

Reaction score
Hey Ol' Buddy, Glad things worked out for Natalie and I could be a part of it. She seemed like a happy girl when she put that pig down Sunday morning. I think she had as much fun shooting squirrels and driving the mini truck.
Everyone here should know, that Loren had helped my son take his first bear and played a part in all 3 of the Roth boys in taking their first bear also.
We had a good time this past weekend. Hanging out with a good friend. Shooting some pigs. Drinking a few cool ones and catching up on everyones busy lives. In about six short weeks we will be making our annual trip down south to bear hunt with Loren........pictures and story to follow.
Take care, Jim

daddy63

Reaction score
Congrats to father and daughter. Nothing beats the feeling of being with your kids in the field.

That pig ought to eat good.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Awesome! Congrats to the young lady and you too Dad!!

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Congradulations on your 1st Hog. I hope this will the 1st of many more to come. GOOD JOB!!!:)

ozstriker22

Reaction score
Great job! Congratulations! Savor every bite.... then get out there for another one :)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom