My first buck....

Dbworld

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my first buck.  I was using the polaroid 2400ff.  Scanned quality is mediocre.  Pic is OK.   I would definately recomend going with the Canon.   I'll keep this one but it's probably going to have to be used in tighter locations.    

woodseye

Reaction score
Congrats Dbworld. Use that cam for close-up work and build one with canon PF

Dbworld

Reaction score
I've got one with the Canon...my first and true love.  ;)   I also have a samsung maxima 33s, that hasn't been in the woods yet.   Wish I would have had my Canon out for these pics.  I have the same buck standing out farther.  But all I can really see is an outline.  I think the Canon pf would have lit him up.

woodseye

Reaction score
Hey Dbworld- Let me know how the flash range on the samsung compares to the owl. with 800 film I seem to be gettin about 25-30 feet flash range. Just wondered what increase I'd get in distance going to an owl.
  later woods

Dbworld

Reaction score
Will do.  

I'm considering putting the three cams out (Canon PF, Samsung Maxima 33s, Polaroid 2400ff) all on the same tree.  It's about the only way I can really tell the differences.  

Biggest Problem with that...could be the motherload for a thief.  

I have a friend who's father has private land that would be safer in that respect.  I can't hunt there but can take pics (or is this catch and release hunting?)might be a good place for this test.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
DB, what kind and speed film are you using?  I've built 4 cams with the polaroid cam.  The people that I built them for haven't set them out except for one and his daytime pics turned out good.  The night time pics had too much flash bleed and I'm correcting that for him now.  Will post pics as available.

Dbworld

Reaction score
I used the 400 speed film that came with the camera.  Daytime pics are good....very good because they are all of me.  Night time pics don't even come close to the canon.

howerton

Reaction score
dbworld: thats a great picture. I just found this site and have already built my camera. i had a hard time fiding a camera. I finally found the canon owl pf at sears. cant wait to try it. later man.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom