My First Buck!!

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
I finally harvested my first buck after 6 years of hunting! Luckily I have a picture of my buck off of my trail cam!!  the first photo I'm not sure about because of distance and he is in full velvet. the second picture I'm pretty sure is him. and the third photo is me with my dog posing with my 9pt Iowa buck taken dec. 3rd

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I bet your Dog thought it was somthing too!

Neat! Neat!

Congrats

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
That's a good one brotherwolf.
Patience pays off. I'm going on 4 years now since my last buck in PA but I've passed on some small one's. Your pic reminds me to remain patient.
Nice Job!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Based on pic #2 I'd say it's a before & after. That little fork on the end of it's left beam.

Very nice Buck.

Thanks for sharing.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Congrats on your first buck Brotherwolf. I remember that first pic from earlier.

The pup looks like he's waiting for that deer to jump up.

Where are you fromin Iowa? Both sides of my family are from Iowa, Muscatine area. Big buck country up there.

Possum

Reaction score
Great job.  The dog looks happy too.  Does he get to share the reward during cleaning/dressing the deer?  I bet he's happy if he does.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Thanks guys!  Spectr, I'm orignally from Des Moines, raised as a city kid all my life, it wasn't until I married my wife that I moved to the rural setting and discovered what the wild outdoors can provide. I live in Winterset Iowa, thats about 35 miles SW of Des Moines. This is where Clint Eastwood made his movie "The Bridges of Madison County". Beautiful landscapes and bountiful wildlife. My dream is to live in the country. We own our home in the city and we are ready to move. To noisy, Nosey neighbors, etc.
Possum,  Yeah she (my dog) loves when us hunters bring home game, she's usually found standing below the meat pole licking blood off the ground and of course it drips all over her back and then I have to giver her a bath, we usually don't give her to much scraps because, I'm not sure if you know anything about Boxers, but they are notorius for gas passing, so the less meat she gets the better nights sleep I get.:tongue-green:

Fubar

Reaction score
Brotherwolf  Congratulations. Thanx for sharing the pics with us. I love deer pics.                  Fubar

Welby

Reaction score
Congrats on the buck, Brotherwolf!  He's a fine deer.  Also, welcome to the wonderful world of the outdoors.

Being raised in the country all my life, it was a shock to me when my wife and I moved into a city apartment when we got married.  That didn't last long, I can tell you real quick.  Back into the country we went and it looks as though back into the country we will stay.

I thought I recognized that first picture from earlier as well.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Nice Buck Brotherwolf.

My wife's sister has Boxer's man are you right.  They will drive you out of the room.  Whewwww.

There are some bruisers in your state.  Always wanted to hunt in Ill. and Iowa.

Congratulations!!
Brian

Top Bottom