My first build and questions on PIR wiring

cgchris99

Reaction score
I am looking at the nice Illustrator diagram for wiring the RS49-425.

I calls for DPDT 275-620A but the doc on Jesse's page say DPDT 275-636 .  Whats the difference?

Second question, this drawing shows a SPST also.  Is there a diagram showing the DPDT setup for one switch to power the camera and/or the LED as mentioned as a "tip" on Jesse's page.

Thanks

Possum

Reaction score
I think this is what you are looking for.
http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-cams.html
The DPDT switch controls the LED and the camera and the SPST switch controls the battery input.

I used the 275-620A and it worked just fine.
(Edited by Possum at 9:25 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 9:26 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 9:27 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

(Edited by Possum at 9:28 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

cgchris99

Reaction score
so the SPST is to turn off ONLY the PIR ?

Thanks for your help

Possum

Reaction score
Yes, it is only to cut off the juice from the battery to the PIR.  This will allow you to flip a switch instead of having to open the cam and disconnect the battery when you want to turn it off.

quackmaster

Reaction score
SPST = single pole single throw. Like the light switch in your house. it is either on or off. You want this kind of switch for your battery power ON OR OFF.

DPDT =double pole double throw. This one is always ON, just depends on which side you throw the switch to. Which ever side is open gets the juice.  
Picture a creek splitting going downstream into two branches. If you put a board in one branch of the water, all the water goes down the other and vice versa.
You could put this switch inline with your LED and camera. If you look at the bottoms of these switches you will notice a difference in the number of soldering tabs. SPST only has tabs in the middle and one end. DPDT has tabs in on both sides and the middle  The sides are the branches of your creek. :smilewink

Top Bottom