My first cam has been deployed!

Tominator

Reaction score
I know I'll have at least one pic of me getting blinded because I didn't label my switch for the cam and the LED and one of my test subject, little Tominator. As we were leaving we saw a flock of hens heading towards the area I put the cam and I know they like to fly-up in that area so hopefully I'll have some film left after they get there if they make it that far. Can't wait to check it. I'll post some pics of the assembly after I check it. Wish me luck!
Tominator

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Tominator >> I'll bet you a lunch that you can't wait until the whole roll of film is shot before
you get it developed........ An it don't count if you have lil' Tominator walk back'n forth in front of it either......

Ha.... Can't wait to see some of those SC Monsters.....

Good Luck

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Tominator,It is very hard to wait for the whole roll. I used a 12 exp. roll in my first one and took it to get developed with only 8 pics on it.Good luck. Can't wait to see the pics.

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 7:40 pm on Aug. 13, 2002)

shadow

Reaction score
Congradulations!!! But I like the others think that "mid roll rewind" will be getting a workout.  Can't wait to see the pics.

bigbucks

Reaction score
  You'll never make it to the end of the roll! I agree with the others. I've already developed film with 4 or 5 pics on it. One thing to remember- get to know your mid roll rewind button. I've already opened up the camera to get the film out, only to notice I forgot to rewind it! Undeveloped film and light don't mix well.:hoppin mad:

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
I suspect whoever came up with the idea of mid-roll rewind button, that he was also a trail cammer!! :toast-yellow: :sunglasses-yellow: :noddin-yes:

Tominator

Reaction score
Dangit! i DIDN'T KNOW THAT THING HAD A MID ROLL REWIND BUTTON ON IT, WHERE IS IT AT (oops, got excited!) on an Owl AF? I was gonna wait till in the morning to check it, but since it's only about 3 miles from where I'm sitting I'm gonna go now. That way I can get to the one hour photo in time to get them back tonight. See y'all later!
Tominator

Tominator

Reaction score
Alright, I went and checked it and only had 8 pics so I finally convinced myself to leave it. I just put it out yesterday evening and promised myself I wouldn't check it until friday, but I saw a flock of turkeys headed that way and I wanted to make sure they didn't mingle and use up all my film since I have no timer on it. When I went to check on it I found the landowner checking a beaver trap about 40 yards in front of and directly in line with the camera. I may have to move it since he checks this trap everyday and the activity may be too much for the deer, don't bother the turkeys though. I can account for 4 of the pics that are on there so the real test when come when I go check it and there's about 15 or more on it!
Tominator

bigbucks

Reaction score
You made the right choice Tominator. Leave that sucker hang a couple more days. Don't give in!

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Tominator >> You done good man. I can't remember if I let the camera got past 15 pics on the first roll. I couldn't stand it.

I am putting mine out tomorrow after work. Just trying to figure out where I should put it. I have an early season honey hole that I think I'll put it in. We'll see how it goes.

shadow

Reaction score
So was it a 24 or 36 exp. roll?????? Think you can make it to the end.......GOOD LUCK  I bet it's really hard since it's only about 3 miles from the house.  My benefit is that mine are 2 hours one way so I'm forced to weekend jonts.  :toast-yellow:

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
He'll fold. We all have. He also is now addicted and will have several cams. Looking forward to the pics Tominator. MC.

Tominator

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that I was laying on the 50 yard line at a college stadium with this chick and a little devil was on my right shoulder saying "checkit!, checkit now!, come on checkit! checkit's brains out!" and a little angel was on my left shoulder saying "paitence is a virtue, my son, good things come to those who wait, Rome wasn't built in a....hey, she is kinda cute" then I woke up sweating. You guys are a bad influence on poor innocent people like myself.
Tominator

schnide

Reaction score
Hey,  I deployed my first built cam last week and went to check on it the other day, 1 PICTURE - minus the one it took of me.  So i repositioned it and hope to have at least half a roll to develop next week.... anymore than 10 or 12 and im headin to see what i caught on film

shadow

Reaction score
Schnide...admittance is the first step to recovery.  Congradulatioins.:toast-yellow:

Tominator... it's inside all of us....just give in now....you know you can't wait.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Dont listen to these guys Tominator,i waited on a full roll to be used on my first roll,it can be done,i have never used the rewind button yet.

MBullism

Reaction score
Not use the mid roll rewind?  Yeah, and somewhere out there is a fourty year old virgin....  It CAN be done, but life is too short.

M

bigbucks

Reaction score
       Never used the rewind button?!  I had to read that post 4 times. Thought my eyes were messed up. PASSTHRU, you are my hero!  Or maybe your'e just too tight to waste a little film.  While I'm thinking of it, I was going to try to use 12 exposure film, but I could never find it in a 3 or 4 pack. It was cheaper to go with 24, even if I throw 1/2 of it away. Oh yea, I'm still pretty new here, and I don't want to sound like a moron, but someone please tell me what LOL means!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom