My first cam is out

ShearMadness

Reaction score
Well my first cam is out. I was going to set it out and try to get some coons but the rain has really raised  the level of the creeks. So I put it up to try to get some fawn shots.

What kind of deer movements do you guys notice during the fall ?  Do you get more pics at night ? or is there less movement or what ? I was just curious what happens when there is more human activity in the woods and what the deer do ?  thanks

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Congrats on getting your cam out,  It's Thrilling for sure.

I went ahead and put a cam out this past weekend.  I've got ton's of bald headed deer (had cams for several years, the new's wore off a little) but am hoping for a coyote or turkey to meander by.  It's more fun the end of July or August because bucks have head gear by then.  This time of year, I like to concentrate on other animals, last year I tried and tried for a buzzard pix but no luck......

Here's hoping you get a bunch of pix's

Tinhorn

LW

Reaction score
SM,  my lease is in a populated area  and the deer are used to a certain amount of human activity but they seem to know when deer season rolls around so I don't try to pattern them before season, it's a waste of time here.  We have an October black powder season, which is my favorite time to hunt, the deer activity is as normal as it is going to be for that week.  

woodsman

Reaction score
I built my firsr cam back in January -feb , I seem to be  having moor deer pics
than ever  ,My last roll I had 22 deer and 2 turkey ,and a coon .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom