My first deer

Gilles

Reaction score
I just came back to my friends house here in Virginia because I go to school out here. Well, On new years day( Jan. 1) I shot my first deer. We were hunting with some people that like to run dogs. So they set me up at the bottom of some pines. I had been sitting there for about 2 hours when I heard a dog barking, and the next thing i see is this huge doe come running at me. As she passed by about 10 feet from me,  I shot her with my shotgun using #1 Buck. She did a flip and then rolled for about 5 feet. She was about 100 pounds. I had shot her through the heart, lungs and through the jugular in the neck. It has been a pretty good first hunting season, I got my first turkey and deer this season. I will post the pictures when I get them developed.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Gilles, Congrats on your first deer and turkey. Thats must have been such a rush, I can amagine your face:biggergrin: post some pics soon. Good Luck:toast-yellow: Cheers!!!!!!

(Edited by Thonzberry at 2:56 pm on Jan. 6, 2002)

russ

Reaction score
 Hey Gilles,
You'll never forget that first one Congrats,looking forward to see those pics.

wyokid

Reaction score
Congrats Gilles.  Seems like that first one is the toughest your on a roll from here on.........

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Congrats!!,wish it was legal to use dogs here,but a few dogs has been known to get loose on accident from time to time:roll-wink-green:

MNHNTR

Reaction score
Congrats and good luck on your next one.....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom