My first exotic

Gus

Reaction score
Turkey season opened up last Saturday in the county where my cousins place is, he was on spring break from college, so I just took a few days off work and we headed down to his place to try our luck with the gobblers. Got there late Sunday night and that is when it started raining and the wind blowing, never real let up much and the sun didn't shine and the wind didn't stop blowing until about the time we where packing up our stuff to head back home Wednesday around lunch time.

I ended up getting my first blackbuck Monday afternoon and while I was napping Tuesday afternoon wishing the wind would lay down a little and it would stop raining and the sun would come out, my cousin went to check his camera and came back with a pretty good gobbler, 22.5 pounds, 9 inch beard and 1 and 1 1/4 inch spurs. Not sure how to score the blackbuck, but one horn is 21 inches and the other is 21 1/2 inches. Sure wish I wouldn't have been napping, but I have until May 11 to get me a few gobblers, and maybe the weather will feel a little more like turkey season come opening day in the county where my place is next Saturday.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
That is a great blackbuck!! Will score a gold medal for sure with SCI.
The actual measurement for blackbuck is around the spiral of each horn and base measurements
CONGRATS!!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom