My Luck

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Okay, a week and a half ago, I set out the cam on a heavily used trail, the trail was beat down to the dirt, we haven't had rain for a while so there were no tell tale prints, it's located on a very steep hill. So I'm thinking it's gotta be deer!! I'm excited! So tonight I went to check the camera, we got drenched with a good rain last Friday night so I'm seeing deer tracks all the way to my set up, I get to the trail leading to my cam and look down.............COW prints!!! Doh!!
Needless to say I had a full roll exposed, and there was mud smeared all over the cam and glass I figure ol' bossie got curious and put her nose all over the camera. Oh well I'll find out tomorrow whats on the film. I'll let you all know the exciting outcome.
The suspense is killing me!!!........not.  Is there a Bovine category for the contest?? :smile-blue

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I have a buddy out at work and last year he was getting ready to butcher his cow,we talked about tagging it with a gun tag and checking it in at the check station for laughs,if we had a way of loading it dead i think we would have done it.
 I could almost see their faces at the check station ROTFLMAO

Tinhorn

Reaction score
PassThru,  Ha Ha

I read years ago about a guy out west shot what he thought was an Elk but when he walked over to it, it was a Moo-Cow.  He went to the farmer and told him what happened and paid him for it.  When the Farmer went out to retrieve his dead cow, it really WAS AN ELK after all, so now he had both Money and an Elk........

Tinhorn

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
I've heard stories of farmers painting the word COW on the sides of their cows right before the season opener. Well, I just got back with my film ha ha ha guess what!! I had 16 false, 7 cows and 2 deer!!
I've got a great close up of a cow nose if ya want to see it! LOL  We have moved the cows out of the timber because the buckeyes are starting to fall. So I will set up my camera this weekend without any more troubles from them!!!

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
one more thing, when I got to my camera, there were catapillars all over the unit could they have set off the PIR if they happened to crawl acrossed it? Just wondering why I had 16 false.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Cows are a big a pain as coons.

On the cow shooting subject, when I was about 14 hunting near Moscow Mills in Missouri, one of the nearby camps had a guy shoot a big black bull.

The famer showed up at our farmhouse, looked everyone over and said we wasn't the one he'd seen and he took off showering us with gravel to the next camp. Boy did he have fire in his eyes.

Never did hear of any murdering that day but I'm sure the Sheriff had to pull that farmer off somebody that day.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom