My McKenzie Target Got Violated

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I let the dog outside last night around 10pm and I saw a deer walk back into the woods around where my McKenzie deer target is.  The deer was snorting and carrying on like crazy.  there are signs of a nice buck in the area but have seen him yet.  While this deer was snorting and huffing I grabbed a flash light to check out the target.  Mean while my wife stands at the door asking me to come back in.  The deer making all the noise had here a little worried I might get attatcked or something.  My target was pushed over.  These targets sit on rebar posts that are pounded in the ground.  We have been having a drought and the ground is hard as concrete so this deer did some pushing.

Tonights plan is to put some buck lure on the target and set a camera up to monitor it.  Please, please, please come back and give me some good pics!!!  LOL

Todd

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey Todd,

I just told a story on the bowhunting forum about my mcKenzie target getting violated...My wife woke up one morning and said "honey, someone tried to steal your target", I looked out, and my target was laying in pile, seperated at the "keyways".  Both antlers were snapped off and laying on the ground, both pieces of re-bar are bent at app. 45 degree angles, there were numerous puncture marks in the targets rear end, and neck. I cannot put the target back together because the "keyway" sections were torn from the foam!! The target is basically ruined... so as you, I duct taped the two sections back onto the mid section, and placed the target back out by my feeder, with a camera on him! I have two fresh tarsal glands on him, and every evening I take my rattling horns out, and grunt and rattle. My neighbor saw an 8pt app. 17-18" wide coming from the woods behind my house, I would love to get pictures of him destroying my target again! Good luck, I hope you "get" him on film! Anyone know how to fix the mcKenzie 3D foam? I tried contact cement, but that didn't hold it, Duct tape is working though.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Yote posted some pix's of his being kicked around by a buck,   the pix's included the buck.....

Maybe he'll post again, they were intersting to see

Tinhorn

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Bob.

You might be able to piece it together by strategically placing some dow rods lengthwise through the body parts.  The only problem would be if you arrow hit it.

Deer was still in place this morning.  I'll keep up till Sunday night but after that I have to take it down.  Don't want anyone shooting at it and into my house.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to mention..I also had my 3-d target shot at last year. Two oclock in the morning, someone fired two shots from a high powered rifle in my back yard. I called the game warden, when he came over the next morning, we found a bullet hole in the back of my targets neck. Someone apparently thought my target was a buck eating from a feeder (my target is right beside the feeder. It probably would have dropped a "real" deer.

Top Bottom