My new favorite call!!

tomturkey

Reaction score
This is one of my wingbone calls that I made last year. I then sent it to one of my cyber friends from another forum and he did the scrimshaw for me.

Mike did the feather on the front side of the call, as well as my initials on the back

Whatta ya'll think??

tomturkey  

PowDuck

Reaction score
Really nice call. Almost too purdy to take out in the woods ... almost.

Welby

Reaction score
Nice work!  That thing looks great!

I have made a few of those as souveniers (sp?), but I have never used them in the woods.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Fine looking wingbone tomturkey. Mike sure does some good scrimshaw. I've been meaning to ask him about a swap for some scrimshaw work. I wish I could do some work like he does. So far Ive just ruined some soupbones trying.

Tominator

Reaction score
Excellent! now I have a question about connecting the bones. I made 4 wingbone calls a couple of seasons back. I was at work when I made them and all I had to connect them with was elmers and dental floss (impatient and bored). They're kinda fragile and I was wondering if liquid nails would be good to use. You can sand it to get the transition you want between the bones, making the job of wrapping them easier and smoother. What do y'all think?
Tominator

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I use epoxy to connect the bones together and it works great,sand it smooth and wrap it.wish i could scrimshaw also,it sure adds to the looks of the wingbone.

Wild Turk

Reaction score
WOW!  I like the "Old School" approach. If you can call 'em with a wingbone, you deserve every gobbler you get.That Scrimshaw is awesome.  Personally, I drop, lose, or sit on every call I bring in the woods.  Something that nice would be displayed in my office.

tomturkey

Reaction score
Thanks for all your compliments guys. Actually I probably won't be hunting with this call too much, if at all. It is just too nice and I don't think Mike would be too anxious to redo it if it got broke. It does sound sweet tho, so I may try it at least once. I have others that I hunt with that look more at home in the woods.

Spec, Mike really does beautiful work. I too have tried with similar results to you! LOL

Tominator, I use something similar to liquid nails on the joints. It is a epoxy putty that I use at work. Comes in a stick form. Just roll it around in your fingers to mix it up and dries as hard as a rock in a short time, then sand to desired shape.

Thanks again, it's always nice to be complimented on your crafts.

tomturkey

Top Bottom