My New Nickname (Gator J.) My 1st. Alligator Encounter! 1 hr.ago-Pic's

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Wow I am so Freeking amped right now, I was just driving back home in our private living community that's loaded with ponds of all sizes and golf courses and I saw a senior fishing one so I pulled over and went to get some info on what type of fish where in these ponds he said the have nice bass and tilapia and since it's private land u don't even need a fishing lic. How cool is that! So of course the next question was about gators in these ponds and he said everyone of them have gators and he's seen even a 12 footer in one. I was getting excited while talkin with this guy with all the great info he was giving me then he had to move on i said goodbye and was ready to walk back to the truck and I think I spot a gator tail just a few feet from where me and him where talking and sure enough a 4 ft. Gator just chilln.
Now let me tell u I am a huge Gator Boys fan and adrenaline junkie too when it comes to pursuing wild dangerous game and of course I could not resist but to try and touch my first gator even though gator boys always repeat over and over not to mess wit gators unless u are very experienced, and the little 4,5,6 footers are ones u really got to be careful with because they are faster and have more agility then the big boys and can chomp u in a seconed.
Well there only one way to get experience and that's hands on SO I DECIDED TO TRY AND GRAB IT'S TAIL, OMG IT SCARED THE $HIT OUT OF ME, it darted back into the pond at such a remarkable speed I would have never expected and I got splashed pretty good too.
I my hart was racing with excitement after that and still is as I type this.
I told my wife before we moved out here that I was going to wrestle a gator some day and already had come up with my own nickname I want to be called and that was ( Gator J.), I think I earned my first stripe in becoming a alligator handler or wrestler in the future.
Here's some photos I try to take without losing a hand, enjoy!....tra
P.s. my middle name starts with a J. View attachment 80626View attachment 80627View attachment 80628View attachment 80629

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

zavodizhevsk

Reaction score
Holy cow. You're pretty close to that gator! Gator is delicious. It would be awesome if you could hunt them right by your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
I wasn't just close Z, I actually tried to grab its tail but as soon as soon as I barley touched the gator it exploded out sight rapidly into the water. The one picture shows me ready to grab the tail then I was going to snap the shot again when I grabbed its tail but when it exploded it caught me off guard water splashed all over me scared the crap out me I fell back fast and made sure I still had a finger, and I am glad I didn't drop my $900. Smart phone in the water, man that was so freeking awesome cant wait for my next encounter. Got get some video too next time. Yes u might say that I am not all their when it comes to wild game encounters a bit Krazy, but that's what I live 4 until I die! Does that make sense....tra

slanttop357

Reaction score
OMG, :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:Can you say kid in a candy store.

KTKT70

Reaction score
:lol bashing sign: nice job. looks like you are already having fun out there. Next time try and rope it. Not sure what you are going to do if you get him, but should make for some heart pumping fun. Be safe out there Gator J.

solus

Reaction score
dang I was in florida for a month and never did I see a single alligator. congrats and be careful usually momma is close to the babies

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Yeh I am not sure what u mean Karen by runs with gators, like actually running with a gator? Can u please clarify that for me, thanks!

wait till I post panther stories, there's one in my neighborhood I here. News report says 8 panthers have been killed so far this yesr, hmm they must not be protected here, more golfers then tree huggers...lol...tra

KTKT70

Reaction score
i think she means it could be your Indian name. "Runs with Gators" its kind of like "stands with fist" all the dance with wolfs fans should recall that one.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Ahhh thanks kit, that makes sense. An Indian nick name RUNS WITH GATORS, Ca Karen I like that, but it will probably end up being RUNNIN AWAY FROM GATORS.... LOL...TRA

CA Karen

Reaction score
What ever nick name or Indian name you chose, just be careful in your explorations of your new state and enjoy!!!!

P304X4

Reaction score
When I lived in Tampa ('62 - '68) gators were protected. Later I was stationed at Hurlburt Fld. (Ft. Walton Beach '78 - '85) when protected status had been lifted. Check local laws, I believe you have to qualify for a hunting/trapping permit.

Last edited:

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
It was on my hit list for Sep until I drew an Elk tag...gonna hafta wait now. Saw this 10 footer last month on a golf course in Hobe Sound.

Let's zoom in...

cjack

Reaction score
I see a gator tattoo in your future TRA!

P304X4

Reaction score
While your looking for gators watch out for Jose' No Shoulders aka Boa Constrictor. :big-grin-aqua:

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Well I was out bass fishing this morning in one the ponds close by my house and tossed out a 5" rapella top water floater bomber and was slightly jerking it across the water when all.kf a sudden I experience the most violent strike of my life the water exploded and erupted and it was a gator and I have no experience at this but I wanted my lure back so I started reeling it in and as soon as I got it to shore it erupted like crazy zipped the line in my hand ( hand burn from the line ) had to drop the pole almost took that in the water and saved my pole and brought the gator to shore. Then all of a sudden my lure popped off and that sucker jetted back into the murky pond, what a Freeking rush! At least I got my lure back. Wow Florida is blowing my mind with all this wildlife action in my firt week of living hereI have nothing but a non stop smile people!...Gator J.

Oh Yeh try taking a Selfie lije me while reeling in a gator, am I crazy or what!
View attachment 80787View attachment 80788View attachment 80789View attachment 80790View attachment 80791View attachment 80792View attachment 80793View attachment 80794

slanttop357

Reaction score
Thats crazy please keep us tuned in with your wild adventures i got to ask what will you do when you stumble across a 4-8 foot Python on the trail. Be careful out there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom