my new revolver

smokin54

Reaction score
I just have to wait the 10 days , I have wanted one for a long time and finally put down the money . Its chambered in .454

Attachments

lineman

Reaction score
Thats an awesome gun! Are you planning on hunting with it and if so what?

NE Hunter

Reaction score
Nice looking piece!! I just bought a Taurus Raging Bull in that caliber, you'll have a "blast" shooting it. The recoil ( at least in the double action revolver) was more of a sharp shove rather than a quick snap. I didn't find it punnishing at all. My wife even fired it twice .... She wont even consider shooting my .44 mag again

smokin54

Reaction score
If I make the right hunt I may have a chance to use it , I also have some contender barrels that would be better suited for most handgun hunts . I have some heavy recoiling handguns but I am sure this will be a live one . Always wanted a Freedom Arms revolver

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Your going to have your hands full with this one. Great gun for bear country, but you'll definetely feel the recoil with that one. I've got the 7 1/2" ported barrel, and it's very punishing, but the added weight of a scope really helped tame the recoil. The Freedom Arms is about 5-6 oz's lighter than a Ruger or Taurus. And the shorter barrel just makes it even lighter. With fixed sights, your going to have to stick with one load, so you won't be able to download much. But what a hand full of power in a small package. A short barreled Freedom Arms is next on my wish list.

smokin54

Reaction score
I finally got to shoot it today and the 454 is lively but not what I expected , It was really a nice round . I shot a box of winchester factory ammo and then a large handfull of my reloads , While both shot pretty good the factory fixed sights shoot about 8 inches low ( A little work to do there ). Overall I am pretty happy with it .

The guy next to me was shooting a 500 S&W and let me shoot a few . It had a pretty good pop but not up to all the hype I have heard about it , actually I get more recoil from some of the non ported barrels for my contender . The gun was pretty nice though . The biggest draw backs are the size and weight as it was a very big and heavy but that and the porting sure help tame the recoil.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom