My new rifle :)

Rob4x4

Reaction score
Remington XCR 300 WsM with muzzle brake, Knoxx stock and Zeiss 4.5-14x44 scope......... :)

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Very nice.

One thing though.. That Zeiss has a nice long tube, you should take advantage of it and space those rings out more for a super stable base on top of that big kicker.

Cheers.

ETC2NA

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Welcome Rob. Nice gun.

I agree with Rancho. I am not sure it will make much of a difference, but from an engineering stand point, it definately can't hurt to spread them out.

BradCa

Reaction score
Very nice! Hope you break it in on a good bull and buck this year.

D13er

Reaction score
Looks like a great setup and I agree with the others, turn both bases 180 degrees to maximize ring spacing.

JB

QEU

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rancho Loco @ Aug 7 2006, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Very nice.

One thing though.. That Zeiss has a nice long tube, you should take advantage of it and space those rings out more for a super stable base on top of that big kicker.

Cheers.
[/b]
Double check it. You MIGHT have the rings on incorrectly. I believe what you have there is an extension ring on the rear and extension rings are usually made for the front. I use extension rings on two of my rifles to pull the scope in closer to my eyes.

Reaction score
I'm not sure about them being on wrong guys.

I went and looked at mine and the rings are mounted the same and by a gunsmith I trust 100%

Maybe its because its a WSM and mine is a LA but my rings are futher apart even though mounted in the same way.

Not sure how the New Talley rings I just picked up will look buy my Lupy's are just like Rob's

Rob I say drop some rounds in it and hold on. Should be a nice shooter.

Here is the pic

sportyg

Reaction score
Sweet shooting iron... Have fun with it.

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score

I flipped one of my Talley's to get max spread. I also bedded the bases to the reciever..Mebbe it's overkill, but I know that sucker ain't gonna move when I light off 200gr. pills going close to 3000 fps...

Let us know how that brake works out, too...

Rob4x4

Reaction score
Ya they do look a lil close but I havent shot it yet, but my dad did and he thinks that it might shoot pretty close to my 6mm so we will see when I shoot it. But I did have a gunshop install the scope but it can be adjusted as they didnt know if it would need to be adjusted for me.

Railguner

Reaction score
The ring on the breech side doesnt look like it is completely in between the set screws! WR

Like everyone else I would find a way to space those rings out further...or just get new rings/bases. I dont care for the look or stress it could put on that tube if it fell over onto something hard.

I really dont like the XCR coating. It makes the natural stainless steel brake look odd and stands out from the floorplates natural color too. I know this has nothing to do with the rifles performance...I love the way my rifles look as much as how well they shoot. I'm a semi obsessive/cumpulsive neat freak. This gun would have me turning in my bed at night. Not saying I dont like Remmies...da boy done fine by me...I love the .300 WSM remmie/conquest route. I just would have bought a uncoated LSS and put a new stock on if I didnt like the lamminate. But dats me. WR

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Now it really doesn't look right.

Get some Talley Lightweights, and it will look better instantly.

Is it possible that the recoil walked that rear mount out of it's base?

subfan

Reaction score
Rob,

Looks like some issues with the ring/base set up. Like others said, get the talley lightweights.

Take if to another gun shop if you are unsure.

Top Bottom