My niece the rock star

Freedivr2

Reaction score
My niece Katie has been singing professionally on the side for a few years now, and I think this was her first concert overseas. This u-tube clip was in the Tokyodome, Japan either last Sunday or the week before (not sure on the timeline). Katie had a short tour with some musician dude named Yoshiki. Anyway, this isn't her normal type of songs she sings, but she's always been versatile and she's always been looking to have "her own sound" kinda thing.....

(Personally, though, I wish she'd stick to country though, she can sing country like nobody's business).

Did I mention she is a full-time student at Harvard? Yeah....purty interesting kid. Anyway, thought you might wanna see something a little different singing wise (not my cup, but different stuff for sure).......

Sign me, proud Uncle Myke.......

Here's Katie......

Lurediver

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats.

But tell her to stick to Harvard, my ears were bleeding.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Everyone may not appreciate the style, but she kicks ass!

Give her my best, Free! I expect to see/hear her a lot more in the future. That is, if Harvard doesn't lobotomize her.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Well. I gotta tell ya.
This 57 year old likes the visual aspects of that video.
She's a looker and has an excellent voice.
Harvard?
Wow.

A little bit of theatre rock going on there.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Not my taste, but no doubt she can sing. Has she ever tried out for American Idol? What is she studying at Harvard?

sidepass

Reaction score
Fun! Stick to Harvard, get the education and sing. The reality is very few make in show biz and something to fall back on is a good thing.
sidepass

Freedivr2

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cold1nhand @ Apr 11 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not my taste, but no doubt she can sing. Has she ever tried out for American Idol? What is she studying at Harvard?[/b]
Only in her 2nd year there right now, still hasn't chosen a major. Real brainaic, though, so we're all kinda on the edge on what she might pick. Not law for sure, but that's all she's totally sure of right now....

Nope, never has tried out for American Idol, it just isn't her thing for some reason. She had a contract for a couple years with Jive records (same recording folks who owned Brittany Spears) and recorded part of the soundtrack for a romantic movie called the Prince and I or something like that a couple years ago, also has a couple of CDs that she recorded but not out on the market.....This is a kinda fun thing for her, always has been, but if it kicks into gear I think she'd go for the ride....Like I said earlier, very neat kid.

Top Bottom