My oh My!!!!

hronk

Reaction score
1st of all, an apology to FUBAR!  I didn't get off of the boat until 10:30, out of San Diego until 1pm. trailing ice Water and fish slime all the way to Bishop.  My total was 1 Bluefin about 35 lbs (not weighed) 1 yellowfin, 24 lbs, limits (don't ask me how many) Yellowtail, biggest, 26 lbs, and a whole bunch of Albacore, biggest 32 lbs!!!     29 People, 465 fish, mostly Albacore and Yellowtail.  Very rough water for a mountain boy (6 ft swells) and never a wide open bite, just a fairly steady pick.  We wet 175 mi South the 1st day (Geronimo Island) and worked north from there.  If you have a chance, do it!  it is well worth the time and money.  I will start setting up something for next year on a 1 1/2 or 2  daytripfor those interested.  I am definitley going to do a 4 or 5 day triip on my own.....Fubar,....  If you ever get in my part of the world, or have some one up here for vacation,  I have your fish waiting for you (filets) either Albacore or Yellowtail, let me know.  Over and (snore)    Out!!!!....   PS   Way, if you read this,  Thanks,and great meeting you.  I start scouting x-9a this next weekend...

Fubar

Reaction score
Hronk  Thanx for the report. Sounds like a great trip. Sorry I didnt connect. Maybe next time I can go too. I hope you got some pics. What did you do with all the fish. I like smoked fish. All the kinds of fish you caught are good for this especially albacore. What was the biggest fish on the boat?         Fubar

hronk

Reaction score
I'm filleting right now.  The biggest was a Bluefin of 42 lbs.  My partner and I have around 50 to take care of, so it is going to be a long day.    Later    hronk

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Good to see you had a good trip hronk. Ya did take a camera right?

BigDog

Reaction score
Must be still recoverying from all that filetting....

Fubar

Reaction score
He might still be cleaning fish.        Fubar

BigDog

Reaction score
More likely, he is too busy BBQing to get to the computer.

hronk

Reaction score
My wrists feel like rubber bands with nerve endings.  How come the work part is never as fun as the catching part???  You guys come thru Bishop and the fish is on me.  ....Except for the Bluefin... What a marvelious(sp) piece of flesh.    Hows late July/early Aug. for next years 2 day??  You guys still up for it?  I start scouting A-16 (x-9a Archery) in the morning, so I have to cleanse my mind of fishing stuff for now....Later     Hronk

Fubar

Reaction score
Hronk  That sounds good to me. How many people do you have to get? What boat are you thinking about? Any Idea of the cost? Ballpark?         Fubar

hronk

Reaction score
Fubar:  I was going to check when I was down there, but we were late in and rushed to get out of there, so no, I haven't checked yet.  They probably are still in the planning stages for even putting out schedules.  I'll let you know.....Hronk

Top Bottom