My second roll

dharter

Reaction score
I just got my pictures back for my second roll that I took with my new game camera.  I got a lot of false pictures.  I have yet to examine them in detail to see if there are any hidden animals.  I did get 2 good ones out of 13 pictures.  I am attaching a link.  They were taken in succession at the same sight and about the same time.  I was hoping for lots of good pictures, and I had them put on a cdrom when I got them developed.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/dharter/cam2.html

dharter

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I was using an ms20 sensor and a canon owl pf date.  The ms20 sensor did not have anything restricting the field of view of the PIR.  

gizz

Reaction score
dharter - You need to reduce the size of the lense or your gonna get a high amount of false pics. The PIR is detecting at 110 degrees so anything to the left or right may trigger it. Place a piece of electrical tape on the lense along the right and left sides of the PIR lense giving yourself about 3/4" of availalbe lense in the middle for detection of movement. You should get better results this way.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Nice buck. Can you make out how many points?

Thanks.

robNhood

Reaction score
I'm sitting here again listening to another T-Storm.
Everytime I put my cams out, we get big storms. I am sure that is one reason for the false pics.

Just think, during the fall and winter months, when the leaves are off and there is not as much movement, the false pic topic does not pop up as much.

dharter

Reaction score
IMy first roll had a lot of false pictures.  I had the PIR covered about 3/4" on each side with plastic and electrical tape.  This time I took off all the coverings on the PIR.  I may be missing some pictures, because of the built in delay of the owl pf date.  I need to use a refresh pulse every 8 minutes to keep the owl pf date ready to take a picture the moment the ms20 is triggered.  I don't know what that will do to the power drain though on the camera batteries.

gizz

Reaction score
Come to think of it Robnhood, Your absolutely right!
Seems to be worse in the summer for sure.  Combination of Heat, T-Storms with lightning, and lots of critters running around probably accounts for a lot of it.

dharter

Reaction score
Arrowhead,  Some persons did some photoanalysis for me.  They magnified a digitized image.  They estimate that the buck on the right is 10 point or better and the other deer on the left is about a 4 point.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom