Mystery Animal Caught, Identified

bzzboyz

Reaction score
Baby Mystery Animal Caught, Identified
POSTED: 9:45 PM EDT August 1, 2004
UPDATED: 11:57 AM EDT August 2, 2004

GLYNDON, Md. -- The mystery may be over as one of the creatures roaming through central Maryland was finally captured on Saturday.

According to the veterinarians at Falls Road Animal Hospital, the animal was a male red fox. However, Dr. Michael Herko -- a vet at the animal hospital -- and the man who caught the fox say it is not the mysterious creature videotaped in July, but a relative.

Jay Wroe set a trap in his back yard after videotaping an animal that was roaming around. It was an animal he could not immediately identify.

The humane trap paid off on Saturday when Wroe went out to check the cage and saw from a distance that he had caught something.

"This one is definitely the baby to the mother because the one I filmed was obviously bigger than this thing," Wroe said.

Animal control officers took the creature to the Falls Road Animal Hospital. They determined it was a fox with sarcoptic mange.

"It is a skin parasite that looks -- under the microscope -- like spiders," said Dr. Herko. "One of the signs of the disease is hair loss and you've seen he's lost a good portion of its hair -- a good 70 percent."

Wroe is hoping that since he's caught the baby that the mother is not far behind.

Animal control has custody of the fox and plans to rehabilitate the animal to release back into the wild.

Stay with TheWBALChannel.com and 11 News for the latest news updates.

Attachments

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
But it doesn't look anything like the hyote. OK, we have a hyote in the northeast, the chupacabra corpse in the southwest, now all we need is a swamp thing and sasquatch.

Coondog

Banned
Reaction score
I said in the original post that it looked like a dog with mange.. I was pretty close..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
and sasquatch[/b]
Oh there are plenty of those around.. Just ask Welby!!

codypernice11

Reaction score
my new puppy has mange and it's going to cost 44 dollars a session and 6 sesions to get rid of it,hmm and a bullet costs how much???

Top Bottom