Nacimento Ferguson Road Open?

QEU

Reaction score
With the fire still active in Big Sur, is Naciemento Ferguson Road open for traffic? I need to use Naciemento to get to the coast side for archery this weekend.

blacklab

Reaction score
Not sure about the road, however all trails into the forest are closed all the way down to and into san luis county. This emergency closure was posted July 2nd on the Los Padres website. Word has it that it will remain closed most/all of A zone season. Hope this saves you a headache.

QEU

Reaction score
thanks blacklab. that saved me a lot of headaches alright!

dlovato

Reaction score
My understanding is that the entire forest north of the road is closed (probably until spring) - but I'm not sure about the road itself - I *think* it's open, but I wouldn't try it at this point. Even if it's open, you probably won't want to get in the way of the firefighters.

- Darryl

map

Reaction score
It take a college professor to do it, but we do have “Situation Analysis Mapping” on the Internet that is complete with tutorials.

http://disasterpost.net/buildMaps.php

You can add your own layers which include Infrared aerial maps and bulldozer lines. At present the Basin Fire is being updated. The above link shows a sample map of the Basin fire.

Richard

Latest Posts

Top Bottom