Natural Diet vs Commercial Diet

buckkillerdeluxe

Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on which is better a natural diet or commercially produced dog food:
I have read several articles toutinng the benefits of a natural or raw food diet for dogs.

This includes feeding raw chicken, turkey, beef, vegetables and eliminating grain based and commercially produced dog foods.

I am getting a new puppy soon (from a JHOer) and am interested to know what you all think.

Thanks for any input

MexHunter

Reaction score
Premium commercial diets are great. I use Eagle Power on my competitive dogs and Nutra Nuggets from Costco on my older ones. I supplement with fish oil (Omega 3) and glucosamine. My dogs have great muscles and coats.

Russ

BigDaddyB

Reaction score
I've been using Pedigree dry, mixed with either a packet or can of pedigree. And table scraps, such as, when its steak night, or chicken, or pork rib night. She likes tomatoes, patatoes, peas, green beans, and even lettuce. My wife buys her own taco if its Taco Bell night.
These items are all taboo if most folks minds, but she no worse for the wear and I'm a firm believer in spoiling my dogs!
I use to own German Shepherds, and I used Purina Hi-Pro meal, mixed with a can food or table scraps, same as above. He was a solid 105# beautiful dog, strong as a horse, use to pull me and my son, simultaneously on skateboards down the street. My son would hold on to my beltloop and I'd hold onto the leash and away we go!
I've never tried feeding my dogs raw meat, I don't eat it, so I can take the time to cook it up, if there wasn't dog food!
As far as spoiling my dogs, well they usually leave enough room for my wife and I to still get a good nights sleep!

rtin

Reaction score
Have any of you guy's herd of BLACKWOOD I just switched my pup over at 8 months and so far so good.They have a web-site if you are interested.

MexHunter

Reaction score
When cooking dinner, I give my dogs the stems of the broccoli, carrot parts, etc. The four of them watch in anticipation as if I am giving them steak. I try to avoid given them regular meat as it is bad for their teeth. The premium dry food gives them what they need for energy and health. Personally, I would not use Pedigree. Wet food is not good for dental health.

Russ

p.s. Try four dogs in your bed!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom