Need A GPS Pick One For Me

mike

Reaction score
I'm going to try and map out our hunting property. And I think the use of a GPS would greatly help.But I would like to stay under $200.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hi Mike

I'm researching GPS's too.  Right now I'm leaning toward an Etrex Venture, and seen it at Bass Pro for $170 - $15 catalong discount.  I think this unit is WASS capable, one requirement I have.

I'd like to use this post Mike started to ask if anyone has seen this unit.  I think I heard the UTM Cooordinates Characters are pretty small, I'd hate that because my eyes are "falling away" with age.  Does anybody know if this is true?  At this point, I'm reaching for my wallet tho......

Thanx in advance

Tinhorn

mike

Reaction score
Thanks guys I'll check on those one's you suggested.
Hey Tinhorn, I noticed you said one of your requirements was to have WASS capabilities. I was reading in the forum earlier, and I think jesse was the one saying there was only two satellites for WASS.
That was a while ago, do you know if theres anymore now.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Mike, I don't know if there are any more up yet or not, don't even know the schedule but I read that the project is fully funded so it shouldn't be too awful long and it will all be on line.....

The Airlines are pressing it I think

Tinhorn

Topclamdigger

Reaction score
There are two WAAS satellites that are in use here in North America. My Garmin GPS 76 doesn't always get a "lock-on"the WAAS signals all the time the GPSis in use . When WAAS is operating the accuracy is about 2-3 meters. There are many navigation functions that were more than worth the upgrade from a Garmin12CX to the "76".

nobuckkev

Reaction score
I would recommend the Garmin 48 I believe it is. It costs around $270 but would be worth it. We have used them in the Navy over in the Persian Gulf for our small boats. They might even be a little cheaper now or have a new model, but Garmin makes a great GPS.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom