Need A Little Help.....

Mule

Reaction score
NEED A LITTLE HELP HERE...

There is a fine young man of 11 years old in our fraternity of sportsmen who could use a little boost right now. His name is Mark and he has been tagging along with mom & dad in the hunting woods since he was four. This past fall, his dad took him on his first big game hunt and he was able to take a nice wild boar with a 30-30 rifle. He's hooked on hunting for life. He's a great kid who I have known for many years who deserves a whole lot better hand than he was dealt. Mark has a very rare immune deficiency that has made many aspects of his life quite difficult. The following is a simple request letter from his mom asking for a moral boost from family and friends. And since we are all sportsmen, I believe that makes us all friends, if not family. Please read on and forward on.

Thank you for your help!

Neal Easterbrook

SCI- SE Michigan Bowhunters Chapter

Dear Friends and Family,

I am in need of a favor. My son Mark is in need of a smile. As many of you may know, Mark suffers from a rare Immune Deficiency. About a year ago Mark was placed on Chemo drug for a complication that he developed as a result of his Immune Disorder. While Mark may look well on the outside, on the inside he is not so well. The chemo drug has brought about it's own set of complications and have made many of his days difficult. As a Mother, it is painful to watch our children suffer both physically and emotionally. I thought about this over and over and wondered what I could do to brighten his day....and then it hit me. If I asked as many people as I could think of to send Mark a card in the mail all on the same day...what a surprise that would be and hopefully it would lift his spirits. I think that anything that is light-hearted, funny, or even to do with hunting (he is starting to show a real interest in that) would be appropriate. As far as the message, I think that anything positive like "we are pulling for you" or "hang in there, things will get better" would be great.

Please do not feel as though you have to do this. Over the years many people have asked if there was something they could do and really there never was anything in particular, except to be there for us, which you all have done so well. If you would like to participate however, we would be so delighted and appreciative. Please feel free to share this with as many friends, family or co-workers that you know and perhaps we can help Mark get a big smile for a day and days to follow.

If you would like to participate, please mail your card on July 18th, that way Mark should receive most of the cards around the same time. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I hope that I can return the favor to you someday.

In sincere appreciation,

Autumn Austin

Mail Cards on July 18th to:

Mark H. Austin

724 Venoy

Madison Heights, MI 48071

Mule

Reaction score
Thanks guys.....this thing has gotten really big, it is on websites everywhere.....Marks mom said she would get a pic of Mark with all his letters to me.....I'll make sure I post it here. Thanks again.

Mule

Mule

Reaction score
SEND THEM NOW!!!!!..............Please send your cards now, We now want to get them to Mark before Thursday the 19th, because the media will be at mark's house to do a story on him.....and take pics of Mark with his cards from sportsmen and women all over the world........LET EM FLY

Thanks,
Mule

Mule

Reaction score
The mail arrived at Mark's house yesterday, unfortunately Mark was not there. He was rushed to the hospital the night before with an irregular heartbeat. He spent the whole night there undergoing tests.....The next morning, he had to go to the U of M hospital, where he received more bad news. It was Mark's hope to get off the Chemo Therapy, but was told he must Stay on it for at least another year. He was crushed, he cried, he yelled at the doctors. The trip home from the hospital, according to mark's mom, was awful.....it was probably Marks Lowest moment.......... until they pulled up to their house and lawn which was decorated by the neighbors in dozens of smiley faces......When Mark entered his house their was a pile(100's) of letters, cards, and packages......As Mark started to open the cards a smile came to his face and stayed there or for at least the two hours I was there.......Included in the cards were vidoes, coloringbooks, wildlife prints, each card individually created for Mark.........There were cards from Norway, Africa, Sweden and from every State in America...........This day for Mark could not have happened at a better time........A reporter from the Oakland Press was there also, and the story appears on the front page of todays paper. I have not seen the story on their website yet, but expect it to be their soon.

The link is http://www.theoaklandpress.com

Those of you who sent Cards, I can't thank you all enough......I wish you all could have been there.........If there is anything I can do for you, please ask.....I am deeply in your debt.

Thank You on behalf of myself and the Austin family,

Neal
Mule

Top Bottom