Need a pup for CWA dinner

wildfowl1

Reaction score
At our committee meeting last night, Placer Chapter, it was mentioned that we still do not have a pup yet, Dinner to be held Oct. 21st.

Looking for a pup donation or 2, hunting dog with good lines.

Proceeds from this live auction will go towards CWA.

MexHunter

Reaction score
I do not think a charity auction is the right place to market a dog. If someone is looking for a pup, they should do the research and get the pup that fits their needs. It should not be a spur of the moment competion after imbibing in adult beverages. The American Kennel Club frowns on this practice with good reason.

The pups looks very cute at the dinner but most of the dogs I have seen donated have mediocre pedigrees, at best. I am the furthest thing from an animal rights advocate, but I think auctioning off a dog in this situation sucks bigtime.

Russ

wildfowl1

Reaction score
Looking for positive responses only, this is to benefit the ducks, and to give a pup to a good home and enjoyoy the finer rewards of living a hunting life,,,,,

hntndux

Reaction score
Where will the dinner be held? I have a friend in Lincoln that may have a litter ready by then. I know he was planning on donating one to our West Sac DU Chapter, but he may be willing to do the same for Placer CWA. It won't hurt to ask so if you send me your information and I'll pass it on to him. He may want a couple dinner tickets for him and his wife...

mudhen

Reaction score
This is a touchy subject in a gray area.

I think the AKC is posturing without considering reality.

Reality in the purebred world is that not all dogs and cats get sold while they are in their cute and cuddly 8-12 week old stage.

If a breeder wants to offer a dog for charity, so be it, I would trust their judgement...

mudhen - CA

Latest Posts

Top Bottom