Need help from anyone!

H

hookingbull

Ok guys iam stumped, its 2:38 in the am and Iam just now surrendering for tonight.  Here is my problem:  Looking under the Canon Owl SureShot Date PF wiring Instructions it says to make a bridge between the #5 and #6 pin which I have sucessfully completed, it then says, " Now solder the two wires to the #4 and #6 contacts.  You can solder the wire to the #5 contact or follow the trace out to the gold dot where it shows the shutter contact in the pic and solder your wire there."  Im confused.  What wire are they talking about being wired to the #5 and/or the gold contact.  Are they saying instead of wiring to #4 and #6 just solder both to the #5?  The other confusion is i have a negative and a positive wire coming from the sensor and going to my camera!  Where does each wire (red/positive) and (black/negative) go inside the camera.  Im almost there but getting tired.  This 3 to 4 hours has turned into a 9 to 10 hour ordeal.  Not to say that i won't be starting on #2 tommorrow. LOL  But as for now, help would be great.  Thanks in advance.  Hookingbull

gizz

Reaction score
hookingbull - Since you've wired the bridge between 5 and 6 they are now kinda one in the same. you can solder your wire to #5, #6, the bridge, or the little gold dot. You will solder another wire to #4 and secure your wires(I use hot glue) to the camera body.
As for the wires from the ms20. If you are wiring directly from the MS20's relay to the camera(no timer) then disregard color as all your doing is closing the circuit with the relay. Sounds like your on the right track with your first camera - these are the same kinda things I ran into on my first one - keep goin!!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
HookingBull

Adding to what Gizz said, there is NO VOLTs going to the camera on the wires you added to pins 4 & (5/6) right?

You ARE just soldering a wire to pin 4 and another wire to pins 5/6 right?    These 2 wires get connected to the relay CONTACTS (all you do is just bring these 2 wires out of the camera thru a hole in the camera cover and solder them to the relay CONTACTS)

You are scaring me with the talk of Positive and Negative wires....

There will be only 2 wires going to the camera

Tinhorn

H

hookingbull

Tinhorn, yes the two wires are coming from the relay board, when i referred tp them as positive and negative, I actually meant (red and black) color description.  YOu guys ar very helpful, you could probably get paid for this valuable info. lol  thanks for being so supportive, couldn/t have done it without your help and the help of this board.    I do have one last question that i am still unclear about?
When setting the camera up, after it has been wired  completely and hooked to power, when you are closong the box does the switch on the camera have to be in the on or the off position, now i know this sounds elementary but to me it seems as if its left on the batterys will run down, unless the camera goes to sleep or the hotwiring we do fixes that problem.  the reason im so confuse to this is because i have an older AF and when i left the shutter open all night the batterys were dead the next morning.  Ok educate me please.  Again, Thanks guys!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Hookingbull

The Shutter Door has to be open....the PF won't run the battery's down for a very long time,  maybe weeks,  I don't know how long they will last.

I tried to measure the current draw but guess my meter don't go that low.....

Good Luck with it!

Tinhorn

Top Bottom