Need help-Refrigerated locker rental near eagle cap wilderness

J.O.

Reaction score
My hunting parner and I have a trip planned this year up there for bow elk season (sept) in eastern Oregon. Both of us will have elk tags so once one of us has an elk down, we will need a place to store until we can fill the other tag. We would need the locker space anywhere from 1-15days.

Anyone have any places in mind?

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
Eagle Cap is a pretty big place with a big swing in elevation, so knowing about where would be, would be helpful; but without the details, I'll give it a shot anyway. First, if your up in elevation, even in September, it might be cold enough to hand the meat. with that said, you also might try contacting a general store in a town close by, or the Chamber of Commerce; I'd bet good money the local Chamber of Commerce could steer you in the right direction. Additionally, there are some fish hatcheries in and around that area, many of them have walk in freezers. So in short, a little leg work (google works wonders) will likely pay off.

Keep in mind that towns in places like that, love our sportsman's money, so try and buy what you can local to the place you'll be hunting to show your appreciation for the privilege.

J.O.

Reaction score
Units 61, 62, 63, 64. We have not made our mind up on which zones to head to which is why I did not specify prior. There are animals all over those zones so were trying to work out the rest of the logistics before we continue narrowing down exactly where we'll head in. The tip on the general store and such, is a good idea. I've already made a few calls to some surrounding cities but really have not progressed. Thats why I figured I would post up here. Might have to join another form like ifish or something to get more info about hunting up there. thanks for the response and trying to help.

Last edited:

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
Heres what I found doing a simply google search of "refrigerated locker". Granted I know nothing of the service, but it is a start, and reasonably close.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Dale's Mobile Slaughtering[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: listingDescrip"]93 Po Box, La Grande, OR 97850[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]541-963-5293[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Top Bottom