Need help with timers

MSturkeygetter

Reaction score
I am looking to add timers to my cams. They are 9volt setups with Canon owl pf & mainstay wm2 sensors. Need help on getting a good timer. Any ideas will help. Thanks
It is a two wire setup.

(Edited by MSturkeygetter at 8:05 am on June 17, 2002)

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
MS,
By far the best deal you will find in timers would be with JoeD's or Brians chips.
I've been using JoeD's for a while now and they are really simple to use.
With either of these setups you will have to regulate the voltage which is simple to do.
If you go with JoeD's chip I can send you a copy of the schematic that I use and they will work with either a 2 wire or a 3 wire setup. Just let either Joe or Brian know what you want and they can set you up.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
If the Mainstay WM2 is the same as the MS20 which I think it is then the manual I sent you should be correct on how to regulate the voltage(Thanks Tinhorn) on the MS20.  I don't use the MS20 and I just added Tinhorn's changes to my manual for how to modify it.

weaver

Reaction score
I've got my cam built and it is ready to go but im wondering about the delay between pics. After it snaps a pic i have about 30 secs. til it is ready to take another. Is this delay the camera recharging. If so can a timer be wired in somehow, and what is a good delay time. Thanks for the help

bigbucks

Reaction score
Weaver, if you are going to put your cam on a trail, a 30 second delay will work fine. But if it is going over a feeder, you will burn through a whole roll in no time. It is not the camera recharging. It is the PIR sensor. Do you have an MS20 or a RS 425? I think you would do well to invest in a timer board from brian, Hamiltoe, or JoeD. They aren't very expensive, and give you a bunch of options. Well worth the investment.

davered1

Reaction score
I lean the other way. If you run feeders then yes you will want a couple of cameras with timers. If you do trails then a standard ms20 or RS pir a 5 second (RS CHIME) or 10 sec(TEST MS20) is just right , alot of deer can go by the camera in 30 seconds.

I run 6 cameras year round and they hardly ever see past 15 second delay, 4 have timers others don't.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
On feeders, you DEFINITELY want a timer, and the good sense to remember to set it. Last week, I forgot to set mine, and had 116 pictures in about 1-1/2 days. Glad it was a digital.

weaver

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I'll leave my first cam the way it is for now. As addicting as this camera building seems to be I'll probably have more cams that I can add all the bells and whistles to. Yes my first cam has the RS pir in it, and was built following the directions found here. Thanks for the info.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom