Need Help!

ARKBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
Have finished first camera using RS sensor and Poloroid 2400FF(fried a Canon PF last weekend).My problem is that after I turn on PIR and let test light go off then test PIR it works fine.  When I turn on camera it will flash and take a picture and continue to do this until it takes the whole roll. I have tried the RS in alarm and in chime does't seem to matter. I have a SPST for power and DPST for Camera and LED. I am Electronically challanged. Any help is appreciated. thanks.

howerton

Reaction score
check your connection of wire coming off your sensor board make sure its on #2 pin of circuit

wfontjr

Reaction score
you have to be making and breaking the camera switch continously? are you using a delay timer? closing the camera contacts should only result in one picture

ARKBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
I wired directly to the speaker wires.
I tested the camera by crossing the wires and it works fine.
No I don't have a timer delay and I was wondering if that could be the problem.  The poloroid seems to recharge the flash pretty fast.
On the canon I was using a soldering iron that got too hot and melted the traces on the camera board.

wfontjr

Reaction score
i believe the directions say without a delay board on the rs pir you will get several pictures in a row

ARKBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
Thanks Wfontjr.  I'm headed to Radio Shack.  I have been looking at Tinhorns earlier post on modifying the RS sensor to get a 30 sec delay. I'll
try that.  I ordered a board from Hamiltoe last night.
I have already got another camera planned.

russ

Reaction score
I use rs-pir multiple pic only in alarm mode.Make sure you are in chime mode,wired to speaker relay will sing,#2 pin it won't.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 you can fix those traces,dont throw it away,i thought i burned up one of my Canons and after a small break i set out to fix it and did.

ARKBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
Passthru, How do you fix it? My problem is right where the two boards come together.  I can't get a  connection.

ARKBOWHUNTER

Reaction score
Russ,
I checked to make sure that I was in chime mode.  It is and when I activate the PIR the camera will take 24 exposures before it quits.

homer

Reaction score
on your first post you said you are using a DPST for camera and LED is that a typo? I belive you should be using a DPDT switch, you may be sending juice to the camera contacts.

russ

Reaction score
You need to get your meter and check out relay for continuity across camera connections.Make pir and see if meter pulsates or comes on then off,this would tell you if your proublem is in pir or camera.
   Something that I made to test cameras connections with that really helps me.I took a extra stereo jack and wired it to a momentary push button switch from Radio Shack.Plug camera in push button and camera fires I'm good ,If not it lets me know I have proublem with camera and not pir set up.
 I also wire my cameras up with 2 wire connection and use my push button for independent use if I need to.Hope this don't confuse you more than it helps.good luck arkbowhunter!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom