need help

GUNNER5569

Reaction score
as some of you know we have a young man in our hunting group that has a dissabilitywhitch stunts his growth he is 19 and is about 3ft tall he is a great kid a loves to hunt last year was his first time out and this year his dad bought him a 243 and had it fitted for him with the help of a nieghbor who sews and made him a vest to help support the rifle however because of his size we want to load some rounds that wont punch him to bad but still be able to kill a deer any help would be nice i tried some i loaded for my daughter with 80grn bullets and he was ok but i noticed he was flintching and couldnt hold zero i am not sure on down loading them any lower so here is were the experts come in lets hear what you think

Cda55

Reaction score
The lowest my Speer book shows for an 80 grain is 34 grains of IMR 4320. 2722 Muz Vel. I don't know if this is what you're looking for or not. Are going to be up for D-7 the 20th or weekend of the 28th? I'll be there both weekends.

GUNNER5569

Reaction score
thanks clint i will try it in the morning and see how he deals with it i will be ready on the 28th call me with direction to the campground cant find it on my old map

intimidater37

Reaction score
does the load that he was shooting making him flinch thats what you need to know maybe its the fact that hes small and hes intimidated to cure that put a live round and a dead round in and alternate and tell him to watch the target when he pulls the trigger if it moves then he needs more pratice but what ever he deciedes let him know that he can be or do what ever he is capible of doing its up to him and tell him it not size its ability and hes the only one who can control that tell him good luck

GUNNER5569

Reaction score
thanks for the advise intemidater i will try it and see what happens with the vest his neighbor made him he really doesnt fell much of the recoil i think its more the noise and the scope jump that is causing the flintching but your advise sound like it might work and with the lighter loads the scope jump and noise should be less i just dont want him to get discouraged i keep telling him i will work with him till we get him comfortable and so far he is hanging in

Cda55

Reaction score
Here's a couple more. 5744 Accurate powder 80 grain bullet. 22.5 grains at 2285. IMR 4227 at 25 grains 2695. I'll let you know about the 28th. It may be best to meet you somewhere on the way. We'll leave after work on Friday. 3 or us in the rv pulling a jeep.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom