need map's ?

so cal hunter

Reaction score
I have been buying all my map's topo and other's from sport's chalet and found a place called ALLIED SERVICES  966n. main st.orange ca.92867 ph. # 1(714) 532-4337 or http://www.alliedmaps.cc thay have every map you would ever need and more. very friendly  i picked up a couple topo map's  1 of arrowhead 1 of silverwood lake and 1 of buttler creek wich cover's several miles. for the july hunt   so cal hunter

Floatuber

Reaction score
Allied has been there for years.  It is right around the corner from my work.  They have just about every topo that you could imagine and off-road trail maps of all local area mountains.  Doug

Grey Taylor

Reaction score
Allied is a great place to get maps since they're virtually assured to have what you're looking for.

I'm not sure if they are still doing this but they used to have a policy that if they got a map out of the drawer for you it was a sale.  That's how they keep all their maps in such good shape is by not having to re-file them if the customer decides it's not the one he was looking for.  Maps at most self service stores like Sport Chalet can be pretty ragged from being pulled out all the time.  Allied is very good about helping you through indexes and such to be sure you're asking for the right maps but that policy used to really rankle on a few people.

Allied is also a super place if you're interested in exploring, gold prospecting, metal detecting, and 4 wheeling... good books on all that.

Guy

Varmint Al

Reaction score
I quit buying maps. I now print out custom maps or each area I am interested. I can set the scale to the desired level. I got the DeLORME Topo USA, Pacific West CD's and it is very easy to use. Got it from Cabelas for ~$50. It is well worth it.

Marty

Reaction score
The electronic versions offered by DeLorme are great and easy to personalize for your individual needs.  Can't beat that.
Allied is a great place to pick up the hard copy map, or reference book.  The small store is a step back in time.  Like walking into an old general store.  Well worth a visit if you're anywhere near Orange, off the 57.  I have seen them put back maps after ascertaining that the requested map would not provide the detail that the customer would need to hike a requested quad.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom