Need opinions on p32 boards

joeblovak

Inactive
Reaction score
PLEASE help me decide what BOARD to use, there are too many to choose from, and i dont know the pros and cons. hoping some of you EXPERTS can tell me what you used and what in your opinion makes it the best board. the only thing i have purchased is a new p32, so i'm open for anything and everything. one more thing, is there any reason i can't use a stereo plug to connect cam to board with p32 or is it too tight inside

thanks for the help, Troy

thehunter

Reaction score
The P-32 is a very small camera. After opening up the case it is real hard to find a place that a stereo plug would actually fit. Most people are using a servo plug glued to the outside of the case. Some on the side, some on the bottom. Builders choice.

I perfer the Pixcontroller board. Bill gives members of JHO excellent service and advice. The pix board is a great board. There are other boards but if you had to buy one I would suggest the pixboard.

Hamiltoe has a nice board but I have not had a chance to use one. It is a fieldpix board.

Dallas

Reaction score
Pix universal or the ****** from ******. You might be able to place that plug by the buttom on that camera, if not your safest bet would be to stick it on the outside of the camera.

shelbyco150

Reaction score
I Think It Would Be Real Hard To Say That Any One Board Is Better Than The Other.I've Used Alot Of The Different Boards And They All Work Great.You Have To Consider Price , Do You Want To Assemble It Your Self Or Get One Already Assembled.Just Choose One And Go With It,You Won't Be Dissapointed.

joeblovak

Inactive
Reaction score
thanks guys! it seems that all of the different boards are nice, but the different prices make you wonder if one is better, or if i would be paying extra for options that i may not need or use. it looks like the p32 in the snapshot sniper has a stereo plug mounted on top of the camera, he makes a very nice looking cam, wouldnt mind using his ideas if i can figure it out! thanks again

troy

ghoot

Reaction score
joeblovak,
Just drill a hole in the top of the cam with a 9/32 drill bit and use this jack from mouser "161-7100". Be very carefull when drilling the hole. You may mant to start with a small bit to make sure you're not drilling into any good stuff.
You do have to get into the view finder a little, but it doesn't hurt the use of the camera at all. Next time I have one apart, I'll try to remember to take a pick and post it. I take the nut off of the jack and throw it away and then glue the plug in.

harleydavidone

Reaction score
I was wondering about the female jack also, the Penn's Woods have one coming out of the bottom. It is hard to tell what is what in the mouser book, everything is more sketches than good pictures and if a guy like me that does not already know what is what you cannot picture it working????

dueber

Reaction score
I think I'm missing something here guys. Probably because I'm new. What does ****** mean? I've seen it several times now.

Thanks

ghoot

Reaction score
harleydavidone,
That number is for the female part, and this is what I like to use for the male part:
mouser # "172-2310"

jayber

Reaction score
Dueber,

****** means that the word has not been allowed by JHO.

dueber

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation ..sort of ... still not clear what you mean here. Can't think of a 6 letter word that wouldn't be allowed. Oh well. probably not important.

Genhob

Reaction score
There is a dispute between a couple of forums so their names/products are blocked out.

W

wildebeast

This is stupid ---the poor guy needs help.

I use radio shack sensors, but would not recomend them because they are not easy to set up for digitals.

If you do a search you should find several sensors that work....just depends on what kind of set up you are using.

There are several good systems on this site that will fill your needs and work in a small case.

Do a lot of research and reading older posts, there are pictures of cams and setups on the webshot sites at the bottom of some of the people that post here.

cliff

joeblovak

Inactive
Reaction score
thanks all, just looking for a simple setup, can work on the cadillac of game cams later, for now i just want it to work, set up a 380 for a buddy, no probs on that one yet so should be ok. thanks ghoot for the plug numbers and how-to's, i like the stereo style plugs- seem nice and clean.

troy novak

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I just hacked 4 P32's with the following servo setup. I found I could drill a small hole in the back of the case and run the servo in and solder to the connector strip. I trimmed up the wires inside to the shortest possibile and then after everything was set just made a loop of the wires and closed up the case. Everthing seemed to fit fine and then just glued the servo down and glued the hole to prevent moisure problems.

I am fairly new to the site and am looking forward to more discussions here. Have been spending a lot of time on another forum and am branching out. Be kind to a new member.

Attachments

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Sorry about the size of the file. Will adjust smaller in the future. Was expecting the forum to shrink it down for me.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
joeblovak,

There are at least 6 different boards available for the P32 camera. They all have slightly different features, benefits and drawbacks. Try doing some google searches to see what's out there.

CB

Latest Posts

Top Bottom