Need Recommendation for Cow CaLL

SDhunter2

Reaction score
Does anyone use a cow call that has worked for them on a cow elk hunt. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

suavegato

Reaction score
The "Hoochie Mama" from Primos has pretty good feedback for a good, cheap, idiot proof call... really simple to use (push button) and has 3 different settings for different calls... if I remeber right: cow in heat, locator call and lost calf? Anyway, maybe the most popular cow call out there....

good luck

arizona hunter

Reaction score
I have used with remarkable success the Hoochie Mama. It is so easy to use. You just squeeze it. Also it has three different adjustments which change the tone to that make a mature cow etc.

In 2006 My wife was in the field with me and it was her job to stop the elk and the Hoochie really works great, even a novice can use it orrectly the first time out.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
The hyperlip single from Primos is a really versatile call, but a good ol diaphragm call works the best because you can quickly switch from cow sounds to calf sounds without switching to a different call. I really like the Bugling Bull diaphragm calls. The break in period seems to be a lot less than the Primos.

SDhunter2

Reaction score
thanks guys
Just ask the pros and you get the answers. I like the idiot proof 1.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I have a bite and blow call from Carltons. Really puts out a good estrus sliding whine sound.

AZ Jim

Reaction score
Can't beat the Hoochie Mama!

I have used sucessfully for cows and bulls.

Very easy to use.

AZ Jim

Advertisement

Top Bottom