Need some advice

tonjee

Reaction score
I AM TRYING TO BUILD MY FIRST CAM,AND WANT TO  KNOW IF THE CANNON AF-8 AND THE RADIO SHACK PIR ARE A GOOD COMBO?

gizz

Reaction score
Ummm, er, uh....i now it's here somewhere...Here it is... :smacking-head-mallet:

Just kidding tonjee.
Would that camera be the one with the little green dial? Does it have the date feature?
If so, i would say yes to the combination. Re-read Jesse's section on Cameras and match see if yours matches up to one of the cameras he has listed...
The RS Pir is a very good PIR as are all the others.
Good Luck and DON"T be afraid to ask ?'s I just felt like bustin on someone...
Welcome to "the BBS"

homer

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a dremel tool but don't know if I should buy the cordless or corded model. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Homer

homer

Reaction score
I have never used a dremel, and don't which would be the best for camera building. Would a cordless be better then a corded model? any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Homer

Gun Docc

Reaction score
homer,

i use a dremel tool quite regular and have had just about all the models out there...lol
i have worn out several different models over the last 20 years....hehehe

definately buy the corded model and the best one for a lot of use is the ball bearing models.

the variable speed models are prone to the speed control messing up so go with a constant speed model for longevity

Later,

Curtiss

Reaction score
Homer, unless your planning on using the dremel away from a power source, I would recommend that you get the ac. unit. I use one all the time, but I have the flex cord on it. It makes getting into small places easier.
   Curtiss

gizz

Reaction score
Cordless is nice but i opted for the corded one. When i'm using this nice little tool i'm usually "in" so electric is not a problem. I bought a sears brand one and it lasted a few months so this time i bought a genuine dremel from Lowe's. Got the one with all the goodies and it's very handy. Variable speed is a nice thing as well - you may want to consider it as well.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
I also bought the Dremell.  I have the digital with variable speed from 5-35,000 rpm.  It is very handy when building my cams.  I recently bought the flex shaft so I could do very precise work.  I have used the Sears Craftsman model also and had no problem with it either.

hucklburry

Reaction score
check out http://www.foredom.com

I received one for Christmas  

They are sweet, foot pedal control, flex shaft, high quality. Mine cost like $250, but I found out about them from my girlfriends mom, her husband owns a machine shop. She is an artist and uses them for making jewelry.

I would not get the cordless model unless you REALLY needed the portablilty outside the home. If your in the house, run an extension cord.

--Jim

Dbworld

Reaction score
I got a dremel for my 40 birthday....now I wonder how I made it 40 years without one.  I use all the time.  I have the corded model with all the toys...don't know what to say about the cordless.

MBullism

Reaction score
I've got a corded model as well.  Since it's more of a "bench" tool I've never wished it were cordless.  I've got the flex shaft and highly recommend it...

M

homer

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the single speed corded model and add a variable speed pedal later. Thanks again. Homer

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Homer - my wife bought one for me back when we were teenagers (girlfriend then) in 1964.  At that time there was only one to choose from.  110 V. single speed.  Mine still works perfectly and I use it often.

homer

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going with the corded model,single speed and I'll add a variable speed pedal later. Thanks Homer

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I've used Dremel Tools since back in the 70's,   I've got 3 corded (+ one burned out) and 1 cordless (useless)

The  variable is best by far altho over time, the varialbe speed slide control vibrates around and won't stay put  

Check with your Dentist and see if he'll save a few bits for you, altho they may be dull on Teeth, they still do wood and metal just fine

Tinhorn

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I have one cordless dremel and one electric. The electric one seems to have more power. I also have a flexable shaft for mine and that is the trick. Love it.

:smiley-thumbs-up:

Top Bottom