Need some help, if you don't mind

Tominator

Reaction score
I've built a database to track the times that pics are taken in relation to moon data, now I need some data to try it out. If you use a time/date stamp on your cams and don't mind sending me the info I would certainly appreciate it. I don't need the picture itself, what I need is the date, time, number of deer, buck(s) or doe(s), and whether the pic was taken over a feeder or not. The last bit of information that I need is the nearest Lat/Lon recognized by the USNO. This is easy to get by going HERE and scrolling to form A finding the nearest city or town that will compute. I need the name of the city or town and the state. I hope this isn't too much to ask.
Tominator

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
What a coincidence, I am working on the same thing.  All the data I need is the location of the largest bucks you have seen in the Fort Smith Arkansas area, number of sightings, time seen, and directions to the closest  deer stand.  HeHe

No really, should be a cool project.  what engine are you using,  are you building in any corelation routines or graphing macros.

Tominator

Reaction score
Fort Smith? Ain't that where that weasly little sherrif was from that followed Jake Spoon all over the west till he hooked up with that horse chick in Nebraska?
It's built in Access and supported by Excel. Once I get a feel for where the data is going then I see what I want to do with it.
Tominator

gtk

Reaction score
what kind of database do you have this set up in ?  I had started something like this a while back, but kinda let it slip.  Are you doing this for fun or profit ?  if for fun, i'd like to see what ya have.

what I was trying to do is keep   track of moon/time/data and allow you to store a thumbnail and picutre with the data, all using perl/mysql/and php.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Tominator, I have a data base started in exel 2000 with date,time, location (by this I mean stand location also,Because I have stands where my cams are)buck,how many pts,doe,fawn,temp and weather conditions, was a high in place or a low. I also have a link to the picture so I can look at it.I don't have it here at work and I won't be home until about 9:00 pm central time but if you want it I'll e-mail it to you. I started the same thing last year but with dear sightings,it was interesting to sort it by weather conditions and see when the deer were seen the most.Message me and let me know.

Tominator

Reaction score
Strictly for fun and information. I plan on using it to see if there's a good enough correlation between deer movement and moon position (which I already firmly believe there is) and having the data to back it up. It's setup in access so I can query the data to find trends and uses excel to calculate the moon position. Eventually I hope to have enough cams that I can predict the best places to put them out for certain moon positions, and of course this info will relate directly to where/when to hunt as well.
Tominator

quackmaster

Reaction score
"JAKE'S TOOK UP WITH A BAD BUNCH NEWT."  Tominator, I'll have you know July Johnson was only doing his job, Jake shouldn't have shot that dentist. :shootin-rifle:
Are you interested in last falls photos, or just current? I can round up some info for ya.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
Man that movie is my all time favorite!!!   Guess us hunters like the same kind of things.

Augustus (GUS) The MAN of all men.   My next Lab will be named GUS!!!     Awesome movie!!!!

coyotebandit

Reaction score
You could set up a web-based ASP form that would automatically add the data to an Access database. That way anyone could enter their own data into your system.

Anyway goodluck!!

Tominator

Reaction score
Good idea CoyoteBandit, If I can't figure it out I'll come back begging fo help. Any pics from any year will do as long as I know the date, time and the year. If you loved the movie and haven't read the book, do yourself a favor and read the book!
Tominator
"We don't rent pigs"

gtk

Reaction score
Tominator.

Where are you getting your input for moon times ?  Are you manually keying it, or have you found it in a downloadable format somewhere ?

thanks again.

Tominator

Reaction score
I haven't found all the info I want in a downloadable format yet so I manually input it. Now that I have the spreadsheet built it's not time consuming since I only need the data for 2 days at the most to get the times I need to cover a pic.
Tominator

Tominator

Reaction score
I want to thank TNDeerHunter for offer some data from his pics earlier this month. If anyone else is interested let me know and I'll email a short form that you can put the data on and send back. All the info will be shared with you and anyone else who wants to know.
Tominator

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Your Welcome Tominator. I will e-mail you some more info. in a couple of days. I have 3 more cams I have to go get film from this week.Keep us informed.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom