Need some help

Reaction score
I need your opinion on a situation that happened to me at work today. My wife brought in my bow to me this afternoon so I could take it to the shop. I kept it inside because of the heat. In my case was my bow only, no arrows. My boss saw my case and asked me to take it to my car because it was a weapon. I took it to my car as requested but objected that it was a weapon because it did not have the capability to harm a person or animal without arrows. I pointed out several objects in our office and said by this definition of weapon these would be just as harmful since the only way I could injure someone was hit them over the head. Later, I was called back in and now may be fired. The policy and procedures says weapons and/or firearms and gives no definition for weapons. In every statement firearms are listed in a category by itself so the argument of an unloaded firearm doesn't fit to me when it is mentioned as it's own entity. When I got home I went to Webster's and it says: any instrument or device of any kind used to injure or kill, as in fighting or hunting. My contention is that without the secondary apparatus of arrows I would be unable to injure or kill anyone and if I was hunting I would get awfully hungry.
Please let me know what you think.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
My professional law enforcement answer.....it's a weapon by definition. I understand you're reasoning, but unfortunenately your boss seems like he's not going to budge. Not worth the hassle IMO. Of course, it's just my opinion.

Buck Hunter Vic

Reaction score
I think it's alittle cheezy on his part,I know it's a weapon,but like you said,not without arrow's,and it was in your case.If he or she are thinking of letting you go,I'd ask,if the letter opener,or a pen,was a weapon,or even if anyone has golf club's,in the office,I think they didn't have to make a big deal about it,just my

PaPaBob

Reaction score
I agree with BOHNTR. Your job is too important to lose just to make a point. With the history of postal worker attacks in the office and others companies have put together very stringent rules concerning this stuff. It is to protect all workers. Even though we all agree with you and consider our bows more as a "sweetheart" or "girlfriend" others see it as something you could flip out with and kill your coworkers with.

Go back in there with hat in hand and tell him you have seen the error of your ways. "I am sorry" is how to start the conversation IMO. . . . . .

In an archery shop you would have been cool. . . .

LIK2HNT

Reaction score
This is what our country has turned in to. I hope you do not lose you job over this, it still is a weapon even without the projectials. I remember when I was in highschool and use to bring my guns to school to hunt or shoot at lunch or after school. Now a days they would call the Feds and through you in jail. Wish you luck on straightening this out.

Bill

Top Bottom