NEED TO STAY WARM

NikolaKangrga

Reaction score
I need a new sleeping bag. I will be using it primarly during my backpacking trips. For normal drive in campin i have a BIG Ol' flannel bag. Iam looking for a 0 deg bag but at the same time dont want it to wieght TOO much! any suggestions? Iam willing to spend the extra 10 cents for a good quality bag. Thanks in advance for the Info-

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
I use a Marmot Helium bag. It's rated to 15 degrees and weighs in at less than 2 lbs. I've been very happy with the bag. If you do go with goose down you need to be careful about keeping it dry.

easymoney

Reaction score
There are some very nice down bags out now. It will boil down to name, money and the temp requirement.
I have a Mountain Hardware Universe SL 800 down bag good to 10 below and water proof but it was $350 and worth every penny, but no longer made.
Look at some of the ultralight backpacking sites for reviews and comparisons of the new bags.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I too get cold easy. Sleeping bags are never anywhere close to their ratings for me. For that reason I use a -20deg bag in most cases. North Face Snowshoe. Make sure you have a good pad too. That will do a lot for keeping you warm.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Cabelas XPG and REI are some good bags...I've been using a North Face Cat's meows (15F) for about 8 years now and it's a very good bag (synthetic)...any ways, regardless of what bag you buy, get a good pad as well like SDHNTR suggested already...

fishnhuntfreak

Reaction score
after a quick search on cabellas i saw this http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...equestid=112508 looks decent for the dirt cheap price. also i dont know how much your on the net but you could keep an eye out on steep and cheap iv seen some amazing deals on bags on their but it seems when im looking for something it never seems to come up but thean again im not on the net much.

NikolaKangrga

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the help, helped alot. Iam going to check around at all the bags you guys suggested

RosinBag

Reaction score
YOu might want to look at the Montbell's. I have a 0 degree bag that weighs just under three pounds in the stuff sack. The bags also have a stretching property to them, so you can move around in them easliy.

Doug.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom