Need your help for Sheep

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Okay guys I need some help.  

Just got off the phone with a member from Sheep Hunters Association.  He is working with Fish & Wildlife installing water guzlers in the desert, they help the sheep survive the harsh seasons.  They heard about our cameras and want to find out if the sheep are drinking water from the tanks and proving it by taking their pictures.  If they can show the tanks work it will help them to get more money for further projects.  Here's what  I need from you guys, two more cameras as donations (could be tax deductable) to help their cause and support wildlife.

Are you guys willing to help out?  The Fish & Wildlife and Sheep Hunters Association are very excited about what we have to offer.  Please let me know.

jpeyton@aracnet.com

(Edited by JohnnyP at 11:24 am on July 18, 2001)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi JohnnyP,
Any info from the F&WS on the project.  Links.. citations, etc?
If either organization was willing to pony up the $$ for parts, they'd have a much better chance of finding a willing cammie to make the cams for them.

Archilochus

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Archilochus,

I'm not sure about links to the project but I will certainly look into it.

Good idea about having them pay for parts and a couple of 'cammies' can build them.  I know they are on a tight budget since they only operate on donations (Sheep Hunters Assoc.) but I'll ask.  I would think $200 would cover two more cameras.  My time is limited these days so I probably wouldn't be able to make any more and I gave them two of my units.

Thanks for the idea...keep them coming.

gizz

Reaction score
I'd be willing to throw in a couple MS20's providing I can still get them. Hardest part is gonna be the camera's. I suppose since these are "charity" units we could scrounge up a couple of the older owls. They may not be the PF's but they'll still do a good job.
How many of these water tanks do they have? Maybe you could get us some more information. Might make others including myself feel a little more comfortable about donating stuff.
As long as it's legit, I'm willing to help out. Who knows guys, maybe in return some day they'll provide a good deal on a JESSE'S BBS Sheep Hunt  :ideablue

Anyone else willing to pitch in? If we get enough people an a couple Cam builder Experts we can probably get this done.
I say for price sake we go with:
*Older style owl/date (needed to prove time of day)
*MS20 - only $9
*Welby/tinhorn or Arch oneshot timer - since it's gonna be in front of a watering trough and these guys have perfected the timer.
*Battery - Open for ideas? I use 1.2Amp 12v but I've heard of guys using the 9v with good success. Also makes the cam's a little less money up front. I'm sure the sheep group can splurge for changing 9v bat's a little more often.

What the heck, I'll volunteer to build one "SHEEPCAM" model. Maybe someone could send me a pre-built one-shot timer. I'll cover the PVC electrical box and MS20(if i can find one) along with the glass and foam. Still will need a camera, switches and light.

Hey JohnnyP - one condition of all this would be that we get a bunch of scanned sheep pictures to post on this forum!
Any takers?

(Edited by gizz at 9:26 pm on July 18, 2001)

(Edited by gizz at 9:28 pm on July 18, 2001)

JohnnyP

Reaction score
Gizz,  thanks for your help, it's for a good cause.  I'm willing to donate some parts (maybe even another camera) if you or someone else is willing to build them.

I looked on the web for links to the project but couldn't find anything.  I do have the guys name and number if you want to get in touch with him to discuss it further.  The task is legitimate and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to prove it and put you and others at ease the cameras will be used for there intended purpose.  I don't know how but maybe even Jesse can benefit from this and get a few bucks for his site or advertising.

The only thing I need are the cameras to be easy to use and set up as well as error free (you know how those state employees are?  Hee hee)

Gizz, I'll get in touch with you via email (think I still have it somewhere) and I can send you my 800 # if you want to call.

Anyone else want to participate?  I think this is a KEWL project and we all are part of it.  We can finally put our camera efforts to good use.  I think it's amazing how far we've come in a year.

Top Bottom