Nestle Chocolate Box Enclosure

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Things are kind of slow so thought I'd Post this info for an Enclosure I've been using for a few of my Movement Cams. (3 so far, a 4th on the Bench)

I've been using 2 Nestle Boxes to make one enclosure, one for the cam stuff and the top 1/4 of a 2nd Nestle Box for a storage container on the bottom, which holds the batteries and spare film.  I now use 4 "C" cells instead of the AA's sketched in.  Even tho the 4 "C"s fill up the storage cavity, there is still enough room for one roll of film if it's removed from it's black canister.  I guess this might fog up the 1st pix on the roll but so far, I've not noticed it, it's usually a test pix anyway)

I put 2 pieces of Foam Rubber against one end of the camera and the back, to hold it in position (and tightly against the Foam Flash Shield around the Lens hole)

The MS20 PIR is installed upside down in it's housing so that the Auto/Normal Switch can be utilised.  I cut a slot in the "shelf" for access to the slide switch.  There is a blop of yellow plastic on the bottom of the Nestle Boxes that I shave off with a 1-1/4" spade bit so the PIR sets flatter (and as low as possible)  The hole the spade bit makes is needed anyway for a weep hole, just in case.  I also drill a few holes in the bottom "Lid" for the same reason.

The 4th Nestle Cam I'm about to make will be using a RS PIR and it looks like I may not need the storage case on the bottom.   I plan on leaving the PIR in it's housing & attaching the timer board on the bottom.  I'll use the Mounting bracket to attach the PIR/Timer to the bottom of the Neste Box.  A battery holder of 4 "C" cell's will sit on the PIR and the Owl PF will sit on top of the battery pack.  There is even enough room for a roll of film, out of it's canister, on top of the Owl, at one corner.  All the components are modified and wired together, all I have to do is locate & drill the holes in the Neste Box then mount everything in it......

http://nightowl.net/~tinhorn/NestlePix1.jpg
http://nightowl.net/~tinhorn/NestleLayout.jpg

Tinhorn

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
That's a neat package.  Sure a lot cheaper than a pelican.  I noticed you tape your camera up. great Idea!!

Do you drink all that chocolate Milk?  Just kidding.  My kids are nestlehaulics.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Nice work Tinhorn.

That is a cheap way to get a box and it looks like it all fits well too.  I think my wife would love to have to drink all that chocolate milk.  She loves it.

jayber

Reaction score
Great way to get the wife involved in making cams without her knowing it!!!  LOL

(Edited by jayber at 9:06 am on April 4, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
Tinhorn is that camoclad you are covering your cam with or what?  It looks good.

Rooter

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Getting all those boxes was worth the 40 lbs I put on drinking all that chocolate milk   ha ha

Rooter, that's Camo Duct-tape my local hardware store had, I've used it on all my cams.

Tinhorn

Rooter

Reaction score
I have used it on some of my cams, but it is shiny.  Is it just the way you took the picture or did you scuff it up or something.  It looks good.  I really like the duct tape, but the shine makes me nervous.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
I like the way you put the tape on the camera too, it really makes it blend into the enclosure! I might have to try that sometime, I don't know if I can drink that much chocolate milk though!:smile-blue

homer

Reaction score
Tinhorn, Your an artist. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Or should I say game cam?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Altho there is a slight shine to the duct tape, it's not all that noticable but this is the ony pattern I can say that about so far (and the only pattern I like, the rest are too dark)  Unfortunatly, I bought all the tape the hardware store had and am down to my last 1/4" on the last roll  :cry-blue:

I got the idea of the Nestle Box from Welby about a year ago and camo-ing the camera itself from Cedar & Sandy.  

This box really works great, I can just pop the lid off to look at the camera when it's still on the tree and the storage area is great for someone as forgetfull as I am.  The attached string can be tied together for a sling over your shoulder or tie it around your waste like a belt.  If there is a handy stump or ?, it can just be set on it, it's pretty stable with the battery weight in the bottom.

Tinhorn

One of my Pistol Case's in ACTION with that same camo

Rooter

Reaction score
I found the camo tape like that at Lowes and at a store around this area called Ollies Bargain Outlet.  Lowes had it for $3 a roll and Ollies for $1.75.  I also have a link if you need to buy more.  It is reassuring to know that you have been using it for a while and have had no problem.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom