New bear pics

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Some of these new bear pics were snaped right after midnight last night . Picked up the cam at about 9:30 a.m. and had the pics processed at Rite -Aid again. Thanks to all who have helped me build this cam. Im really happy with the results and the film is just the real cheap Konica 400 -27 pics in a roll fore a dollar,lol. Thanks again to all of you, Mike.  PS. when you get to the pics just click on WVBear2 for the latest pics.

coyotebandit

Reaction score
Nice bear pics Shrewshooter!
What kind of bait do you use to just attract Bear? I going to set up a camera north of here where there are bear and wolves, but I don't want a roll full of coons and possums. Any suggestions for bait?

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Banbit, The way i was tought by a few guides in Canada was to clear and area about 3' around and dig a hole about a foot deep. Fill it with oats, marshmellows, beef fat ot just table scraps. Don't know of much a bear wont eat. Then pour on about 2 quarts of feed mollasses, it cost about $2.75 a gallon at my local feed store.  You can put in some donuts or bread and jelly if you want too. Then cover with lots of rocks as heavy as you can handle so that the small critters can't move them. Now pour a little more molasses on top of the rocks. Once the bear find it most of the other critters stay clear of the area,lol. One thing i like to do is use an old spray bottle and fill it with some anise oil and vanilla. Spray this on the trees and bushes in the area, the bear can smell it for miles. Mike  

wvhunter

Reaction score
Shrewshooter, your only feeding the possum's and coon's, right?  :wink-yellow: Since feeding bears in WV upsets the DNR.

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
wvhunter, Yes, just coon and possum. Sure wish i could keep them old bear away. They sure are a pest and they waist my film,lol. Mike

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Whitetailfan, Thanks for the comment on the bear pics. Did you ever set up a bear area at your folks farm for bear pics? Mike

Constitutionalist

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on ingredients for something to eat.  New Mexico, as well, frowns on baiting bears, but I would like to get some pics with my cam before season opens in August.

Good Luck,

Eric

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Eric, I was just invited to hunt bear in New Mexico in Aug. but i have too many irons in the fire. OL Adcock invited me to hunt around some of the watering holes with him. Sure wish i could get away, can't think of a nicer guy to hunt with. Mike

Advertisement

Top Bottom