New bird from the shop

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
He had a healed broken leg, and two healed tooth wounds in a foot...tough little duck! The hunter took him from a group of Woodies...

Attachments

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
Beautiful Chinese Mandarin duck!
I've seen them hangin out with woodies near my house.

Rudso

Reaction score
Very nice work Scott. I really like the pose on this one.

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
ABSOLUTE madarin, that wa a wild duck?[/b]
Not wild Jack, escaped. His primaries were clipped, just not well enough. As far as I know, Mandarin's never migrate this far, or far at all in their home ranges.

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
The group of six or so Mandarins near my house migrated with the rest of the ducks this winter. It will be interesting to see if they come back. I would guess they escaped from an aviary.

GB Jack

Reaction score
I ahve heard of a migrating mandarin shot in North cal about three years ago, along with a bakail teal, and snow goose from russia, i hope the bird flu police really hammer the west coast and test, cause its GOTTA show up there first!

bigolbuck

Reaction score
They have been hammering the west coast! just about everywhere I hunt they have been testing the ducks... and it ain't very pretty what they do. but it is for a good cause.

calfowler

Reaction score
Hey Scott, Brent loved the mount He said to say Thanks and that he has some more waterfowl for you. He also mentioned an AWESOME Big Bull Widgeon that you had. Do you have any pictures of that.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Beautiful work Scott and Congrats to Brent, Davo........

Down here in San Diego, near Lake Hodges, I've seen Mandarins with Wood Ducks. The drake Mandarins were courting hen Woodies. My guess is that they came from the wild animal park. Which is about 5 miles away.

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hey Scott, Brent loved the mount He said to say Thanks and that he has some more waterfowl for you. He also mentioned an AWESOME Big Bull Widgeon that you had. Do you have any pictures of that.[/b]
It was a pleasure meeting Brent, and great fun mounting his Mandarin. David, I think it was a late season Bull Sprig he was talking about. It's the cock of the walk in the studio lately. Sprig over 9", exceptional plumage and condition. He's scheduled for final placement on a base tomorrow, so I should have a pic up tomorrow evening. Brent's a good guy, and as it turns out, lives 5 minutes from me. He's got a Teal Grand Slam I'd love to put up for him.

Steve, a Woody Mandarin cross would be something to see! I'm sure the Mandarins are steril, but still...not enough colors in a rainbow...

Thanks for the compliments guys, but mother nature did most of the work.

Top Bottom